Get your story straight JR & WTBS

by Nanoprobe 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

What did Helen Clark MP mean in this statement, did the WTBS spokesman admit to the 23,720 number while JR says, It is false.? Is this in the BBC Panaroma transcript or did WTBS admit the number to the MP in a different letter?

The spokesman from headquarters (in the United States) said on the

programme that the Witnesses had their own register of paedophiles --

with 23,720 names on it (in Europe, Canada and the U. S.). As this is

an international organisation, their policy stems from the U.S.; they

are a corporate body whose representatives in England are not

independent.

L etter from: Helen Clark Member of Parliament for Peterborough

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32396&site=3

In the letter to the BBC JR Brown uses Bill Clinton word tricks to try to deny the 23,720 number.

You have been told that here in the United States we have compiled a list of 23,720 names of child abusers. That is false. First of all, the total number of names in our records is considerably lower than that. In addition, it is not meaningful to focus on the number of names we have in our records

JR Browns response to Betsan Powys (bottom paragraph page 2)

http://www.jw-media.org/releases/default.htm?content=bbc020509.pdf

Notice how Silentlambs correctly explains JRs comment.

As you will n ote the 23,720 figure is denied in the USA. I never specifically stated it was a USA ONLY figure. It appears once again misinformation is being used to shade the facts of this matter along with other comments. The 23, 720 figure includes a series of countries that take in about half the total figure of JW's worldwide.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32136&site=3

Edited by - nanoprobe on 18 July 2002 12:22:41

Edited by - nanoprobe on 18 July 2002 12:24:15

Edited by - nanoprobe on 18 July 2002 12:32:2

Edited by - nanoprobe on 18 July 2002 12:34:45

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

That 23,720 is only for the U.S., Canada and Europe, huh? Hmmm......I wonder how the figure would change if you include Asia, Africa and Australia as well.

• Bleep
    Bleep

Gee I wonder what that figure would be for those who are not Christians? Those who are forced into prostitution and other crimes. But no one wants to ask that here they want to nit pick my religion.

In the last days there will be no natural affection why not cover the birth control issue being a pill that gives people a choice to do an abortion. At least the JWs think that there should be life instead of death. Those churches unite behind the military rulers.

Get your disputes in order and then maybe I will answer some questions. I pay taxes to put all criminals behind bars and I know that child abuse is one of a long list of crime.

Stop posting bad things about Jws here and maybe Jehovah will be your friend.

• larc
    larc

Bleep, you say that we are nit picking your religion. The issue of pedophelia in your midst is not an example of nit picking, now is it? You mentioned religion and the military. Did you know that JWs can now do military work now, as long it is in a noncombatant role?

• avengers
    avengers

"You have been told that here in the United States we have compiled a list of 23,720 names of child abusers. That is false. First of all, the total number of names in our records is considerably lower than that"
    In the United States we do not have records of child abusers who live in other lands

No wonder thay can say the number is lower, (which I don't believe), but what happens if you add up all the pedos listed at Branch offices?

I bet the total number is way higher than the 20.000.

Besides this they don't have records of pedos who live in other countries. That means if a registered pedo from Holland can come to a Congregation in say Fresno and enjoy the hospitality.

This policy opens up new ways for the paedophile.

This is a very dangerous policy for the children!!

And that is what it's about, isn't it?

Watchtower, Watchtower, get your story straight.

• berten
    berten

>Stop posting bad things about Jws here and maybe Jehovah will be your friend.

With friends like that Jehovah of yours,who needs enemies?

• Farkel
    Farkel

bleep,

: Gee I wonder what that figure would be for those who are not Christians? Those who are forced into prostitution and other crimes. But no one wants to ask that here they want to nit pick my religion.

The whole world is noticing that you consider 23,720 children (tip of the iceberg) molested and raped by JWs and their molesters shielded and protected by JWs as "nit-picking." You cold-blooded, heartless asshole. You deserve to be in the JW religion. They've trained you well. They are liars and they serve the Father-of-the-Lie splendidly.

Farkel

• killer
    killer

The database contains not only paedophiles but also suspected or accused paedophiles ;which means that the number could be huge, specially when n00bs like you report crap when your just about to be dashed out the religion for some other reason. Wanna try and make it sound worse then it actually is, over half of the names in this database are prolly just ones reported out of spite or hate of the wittnesses!

Edited by - Simon on 19 July 2002 16:19:43

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Er, Killer, would you like to wipe the dribble off your chin and start again? What exactly is the stance you're taking here? And how about a formal intro before leaping to the attack of people you don't know?

• killer
    killer

Basically what i was trying to say was that this database which is meant to contain 23,720 (according to your sources :P (unreliable)) contains not only actual paedophiles in it but also anyone that has been even accused of being a paedophiles. As when an act is reported to the elders and even if there is no evidence or witnesses however serious the elders take it this will still be notited in the database, meaning that many of the names in the database will be false accusations made by people like you just before leaving the sect just to stir up more trouble, making it harder for those that have an actual real case harder to identify. Im not saying there isnt a problem with paedophiles in the wtbs but i just think its been blown completely out of proportion by people's like you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit