JW terminology

by punkofnice 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

kairos - HAha. Very true. rarely obtained if ever.

Stan - I can well imagine.

• Aerodynamic
    Aerodynamic
    I don't go around and tell everyone that I am (or was) a Jehovah's Witness. Frankly I think it's kind of embarrassing and I have yet not come to front that I was. I kind of like it to be in Peter hehehe. When I do have religious conversations with people outside of the witness organization I often find some of their conversation strange and their terminology is a little bit different. When I do chime in I have even gotten a few looks at some of the things that I have said and wonder if I'm giving away the farm. I only have a handful of people who know that I was a witness. I remember when my wife and I first started dating she was considered a backslider. Meaning someone who turned away from the faith. I had never never heard the term and has intrigued me ever since.
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    Did you forget 1925? Resurrection would commence on earth in 1925, with the return of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to earth.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Adynamic - I have found that when I am witnessed(tm) to, by JWs that don't know me, they still use their jargon. I know what they mean but pretend not to. In one conversation I was told that I had got bad info from 'apostate(tm)' websites. I said, 'No. I use google.' You could have heard a pin drop.

Nonnie - Ah, good one. I've remembered it now

• Aerodynamic
    Aerodynamic
    I hear pin drops all the time. When I talk to family or friends about any religious topic and its no spoon fed witness gobble gook, i get these glazed looks. I had one brother a long time ago tell me Jehovah didn't design us to know anything about the bible without the GB interpreting it for us. Hook line and sinker. My family is a little better, being educated, but still that questioning look. I tried to talk to my dad about what I thought "Sin" was, and the look. I swear he knows I'm evil but doesn't want to admit it.
  • possum
    possum
    Good job! didn't remember there was so many. So scary to see that I used to WT speak/think (not think).
  • Lieu
    Lieu

Running Ahead of the Organization - You know stuff before the GB knows stuff. A no-no. Never mention you know stuff that they don't know.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

great work punofnice.

the deaf group always seemed to have the most fun. we used to fight to sign for them

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Aero - I had one brother a long time ago tell me Jehovah didn't design us to know anything about the bible without the GB interpreting it for us

Facepalm!

Possum - I think some make up their own.

Lieu - Yes. Don't the GB get their ideas from forums like his now? wink wink

Ruby456 - I have given public talks at BSL congregations....I know they seem to make up their own signs for things. I gave a talk 'Resisting the Spirit of the World'....when I did the signs for the talk title to a non JW signing person they laughed.....'.pushing the wolf uphill' was the title of the talk apparently!

• Esse quam videri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit