Newsweek Letter Writer Silenced

by silentlambs 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

((((((((( Loris )))))))))

I admire your courage in standing up to these guys. It is terrible that so-called Christians act in such a manner towards their sister, but unfortunately this is just the tip of the iceberg.

May God grant you peace during this trialling time.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"The question is do you think this is really a "worldly" person?"

Hi Bill,

My reply is an emphatic "HAH" !!!!!!

I didn't think so when I read it on the Panorama website, and I don't think so now!

Just a new approach from another "Theocratically challenged" fool....

Hugs,

(Luv ya Bill, keep on keepin' on ALL that you do)

Annie

• Simon
    Simon

Hey Loris

I know what you're going through. When I found out a lot of things and started asking a lot of questions they were annoyed at hell and from that day were looking for a way to DF me.

Elders would come to my door asking me if I accepted the GB as Gods representatives on earth (not even a 'hello' first). Of course, knowing what they were after I just refused to answer or lied (much to their obvious annoyance).

Then they insisted that they could not answer any questions unless I put them (and my doubts) down in writing. Yeah, right ... they just wanted some 'hard evidence' I believe. They suggested that I write to the Bethel which I didn't do.

In the end, they can twist and use their crooked rules to do what they want - they announced I had disassociated myself (which I hadn't) and the net effect is the same as disfellowshipping (but without the inconvenience for them of having to find anything that you have done wrong).

You do have one big advantage though and that is a certain amonut of publicity. The WTS is all about image and PR and they do try to avoid looking too horrible in public. I would, as people have suggested, contact the media about this and show them:

A JW cannot express any doubts or make any comments publicly even on an issue as serious as child abuse without facing sanctions, reprimand and possible expulsion. Americans are rightly annoyed at extremist hard-line regimes like the Taliban and yet they have the same type of organisation in their midst.

((((( hugs ))))) I know it's a tough time but speaking for myself, I have never been happier since I left. Make sure you do what is best for you though.

• avengers
    avengers
    ((((( hugs ))))) I know it's a tough time but speaking for myself, I have never been happier since I left. Make sure you do what is best for you though

Amen to that

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((((Loris)))))))

Dear Loris, don't be scared. You are doing the absolutely, 100% right thing and don't let anyone bully you into thinking differently. The reason most of us became Jehovah's Witnesses is because we wanted to know and be told THE TRUTH, and that means about EVERYTHING. You are upholding that sacred commission by speaking out, and Jehovah will bless you for it. Your children will respect you always for standing up for what you believe to be right. You have lots of friends who are on your side - we really care about you and will do anything to make this easier for you. Stand firm, my sister!

Love and hugs,

Nina

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Loris,

The attack by these idiots on you has been forwarded to Julie at Newsweek.

hawk

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

!!!!!!!APPLAUDS LORIS!!!!!! It is truly sad that the truth can and does really hurt...

"The question is do you think this is really a "worldly" person?"

Let us hope not!! I honestly can't see how anyone could reason this way:

..."Um, I saw the show and I've read all of the horribly insensitive remarks made by JWs. I can also see that they try to hide their pedophile problem and silence victims...and I did notice that they can be pretty nasty when someone comes up against their organization, judging by the remarks on BBC, BUT that guy who was at my door the other day seemed humble...so, I'm going to give 'em a try!"

Ok? Either this is a dub in disguise or a seriously twisted individual .

Bona

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

One of the fallacies of JW thinking is that persons who are DF'd or DA'd will be out in the cold, cruel world, friendless. That is not true, as you will have plenty of real friends after the "worse" happens. Why people can drop their friends and relatives because some tells them to do so is beyond me. Most of the people on this form are truly caring individuals and, as such, will make good friends, and will not judge you for telling the truth.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Guys, I just got an email that Bill is called for a judicial hearing on July 24, 7:00pm.

• SYN
    SYN

Loris, you are a very brave woman. I salute you for fighting the good fight. Keep it up - the world is watching, and soon everybody will see who the real victims are - the children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit