Newsweek Letter Writer Silenced

by silentlambs 29 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

By their fruits you will know them.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

As well as taking legal advice, would not Newsweek be interested in hearing about the consequences of talking to them?

Perhaps Dateline and the BBC would be interested too.

Come to think of it, certain British MP's and US representatives may find this relevant?

Expatbrit

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Dear Loris,

You are a very brave woman. All the best to you.

Free

• teejay
    teejay

There is a truth that is greater than the frivolous, mean-spirited variety that men with ulterior motives often come up with. It is the kind of truth that never goes out of style, never wears out, is always pure and clean, always rings with crystal clarity. You have tapped into it. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Imo, the men who are now trying to besmirch your character are gutter rats. One and all, they are no better than flea infested dogs that one day will pay for their demonic ugliness -- an ugliness that shows not one shred of concern for innocent and defenseless CHILDREN. If there is a god of truth and right, these men will one day pay, and severely.

You are a woman of rare and tremendous courage. You spoke the truth. In life, there is no finer thing a person can do.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Loris, you are a brave woman and you have spoken up for the truth. I'm sorry that the congregation is trying to silence you in this manner, but you should know that we here are all extremely proud of you for taking a stand.

• jaded
    jaded

Good for you loris! More Silent lambs will be helped when people are not afaid to speak up. And the WTS will be exposed for the hypocritical organization it is! I applaud you for taking a stand and not backing down.

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

Good for you, Loris! You have disconnected from the matrix and are beginning to see what the organization is all about. It's too bad that interested persons and most dubs will never be able to get a true glimpse of the true picture.

The society is more vested in protecting its own image rather than in helping any victims. I can attest to this as an abused wife who wrote many letters to the society, my circuit overseer and anyone else who would listen. The only responses I received in return were admonitions to wait on Jehovah to reveal matters and clear them up and to not bring reproach on Jehovah's organization by calling the police on my abusive JW husband.

The org has an image to maintain and it will fight ruthlessly with anyone within who it perceives as a threat to that image.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Loris,

I am sorry your speaking about justice and telling truth is causing you trouble from those who want to hide in the dark. I appreciated your letter to Newsweek and I believe you took a very courageous stand. I am sure Newsweek would be interested in reporting the consequences of writing a letter to them and the reasons why someone who makes a stand for justice could be punnished.

Thirdson

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Loris,

I'm the one who emailed you from the first, the one you said, "We may not win the battle, but we can pick the battlefield we die on." I'm sorry it came to this so soon for you. However, I think the society made a mistake when they choose to go to battle with you. Write Newsweek a letter, include a clipping of your published comment in their magazine. I believe dear lady, you personally can gather more press than you have imagined, if not from Newsweek than from other media. The Battle is not over.

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

Since this thread is about letters I thought I would share this letter posted on Panorama. The question is do you think this is really a "worldly" person?

I am not a Witness but I do live close to the town where this all erupted. I have never allowed my wife or anyone in my family to even open a door to a Jehovah's Witness in the past. However because of all the publicity down here I decided that the next time one came I was going to ask a few questions. I expected denials and excuses. I was quite surprised one the man I spoke with admitted that not all JWs are perfect and that they are primarily concerned when a mistake has been made of correcting it. He was such a humble man that I cannot in good conscience pass judgement on someone who I feel is sincere in his beliefs and interested in nothing more than trying to be a good person. Even though I do not subscribe to their beliefs I do see more good than bad. I cannot understand why so much focus is being made on the bad rather than the good. Anyway I am glad I listened, I feel that as an American it is his right to worship freely and I probably will talk the next time they come to my door again, it depends on what kind of mood I am in I guess. Anyway I can't knock them on many things and on the others to be fair the BBC and Dateline needs to open an investigation on every religion to determine the depth of this problem. I think they will find an equal if not worse problem in all the others.
    Robert
    Hopkinsville, Kentucky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit