BRITISH MP CALLS FOR GOV. INQUIRY into abuse

by hawkaw 52 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

nowfree,

myself and another ex witness are in the process of drafting a letter to the charities commision. If you have any ideas to help just send us an email.

liverpool

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Just sent my email to my Congresswoman and my senators!!!!

I feel much better now :-)

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Just wrote to my senator as well, Joe Baca. We'll see if I get a response.

• anglise
    anglise

Here is the link to the thread that Expatbrit posted.

It contains all the information for the Charity Commission.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32088&site=3

Anglise

• ISP
    ISP

I wrote to my MP today.

I will post the response.

BTW I asked Simon for a private forum for 'warfare' because anyone can see what we are doing.

ISP

• dmouse
    dmouse

I have just emailed this to Patricia Hewett, our MP for Leicester West:

There has recently been much debate about monitoring paedophiles in the community.

Even before the murder of Sarah Payne, the government was coming under pressure to do more to protect children from known sex offenders.

The Home Secretary, David Blunkett, acknowledges that sexual crimes cause great concern among the public.

"When children are the victims, the sense of outrage is particularly strong," he says.

"We are determined to take every opportunity of building on and strengthening the steps already taken to protect the public from these offenders."

When the Sex Offenders Act came into force in 1997, it created a register of sexual offenders, giving the police the power to monitor paedophiles.

I am personally opposed to a Sarah's law, as I believe that the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. I strongly believe that the proper authorities should be informed and given the power to monitor child abusers.

However, I wish to bring to your attention a recent Panorama program on the BBC, which discussed the handling of child abuse issues among the Jehovah's Witness religion. I was shocked to discover the extent to which this group shields paedophiles from the police, due to their secretive nature and 'us versus them' attitude.

Are you aware that this religion keeps a register of sex offenders of its own, at its headquarters in Brooklyn? The database covers sex offences known about in both the U.S. and Europe, including the UK. It is likely that many of the names on it are not known to the police.

I am writing to you today to express my concern that a potential threat exists where paedophile activity is kept hidden from the proper authorities. Indeed, it is a policy of the Jehovah's Witnesses that sex offenders among them are required to go door-to-door evangelising! It is possible that such people are looking for their next victim, and also possible that their predilections are unknown to the police.

It has come to my attention that another MP, Helen Clark Member of Parliament for Peterborough, has tabled an early Day Motion in the House of Commons calling for an immediate enquiry into the allegations of child sexual abuse amongst members of Jehovah's Witness congregations.

I fully support this motion and hope that you will give her your full support too, for the safety of all the children in our community.

Edited by - dmouse on 19 July 2002 5:10:12

• anglise
    anglise

Dormouse

Very good thoughts in that letter.

ISP

I think the idea of a secure site is brill.

We wont be silent any longer.

The WTBTS has had its day.

Anglise

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day dmouse:

Great letter! Well done!

G'day anglise:

The WTBTS has had its day.

Do you remember the line from that old Kingdom Song "The kings have had their day" ? I guess that could now be sung with the new words, eh?

Cheers, Ozzie

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

And BTTT!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

This is awesome - You Brits rock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit