Resurrection - cell phone edition

by Simon 13 Replies latest social family

• pronomono
    pronomono

I've had a good experience with Cyanogenmod too. I used it to turn an old smartphone into a fancy mp3 player, basically my own android iPod touch. Things do run so much better when you have the power to declutter all the crap and install just what you need. The guys at XDA do an awesome job documenting what you need to do for your specific phone.

• Simon
    Simon

Here's links to the S3 specific install:

http://galaxys3root.com/t-mobile-galaxy-s3-roms/cm12-1-rom-for-galaxy-s3-android-5-1-1official/

Once installed I've been using the built-in updater to install new versions.

• MaxTan
    MaxTan
    I've been a custom ROM addict since i first got an Android phone few yrs ago... I too flashed Cyanogenmod 12.1 on my Note 2. Its the best Lollipop Rom i have tried for my phone, stable, fast, good battery life, good features. Looks like a keeper so far. Before this my fav was Slimkat, based on stock Kitkat, which now looks so dated in comparison to Lollipop...
  • doofdaddy
    doofdaddy
    I have a OnePlus One which I updated to Cyanogenmod 12.01 as soon as I got it (thanks XDA). I have not updated to 12.1.1 as yet because the OPO forum is full of complaints about instability and bugs. Apparently Cyanogen is on the cusp of releasing an official update.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit