Before you open that door....

by Bona Dea 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lieu
    Lieu

I've always found it interesting that the majority of the Gov. Body were college edumacted but never seemed to want anyone else to be.

HMMMMM?????

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Bleep....perhaps you misunderstood me....I wasn't seeking relief from my condition to pursue greedy things. But, again, a typical JW response. Have you had a tooth fixed lately? or seen a doctor recently? why didn't you just wait for the new order? you see witnesses can incorporate all sorts of remedies in this system as long as the WBTS sanctions it, and they claim it's to better do 'God's will'. But try and improve your situation in a way they won't accept and automatically you have become a greedy person, one without faith. Your response once again demonstrates that mindset well. Oh, by the way, keep coming back.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Excellent research Bona Dea. I also agree with the other posters on cutting down the length, though. I see at least three brochures out of this material. If you wish the householder to use it for more than lighting the fire, it has to be attractive. At least 12 font for the aging baby boomers wearing bifocals. Lots of white space and pictures. In this media driven age, appearance is everything.

Now that I have completely shot your format, I have to tell you that I totally love your ideas. You go girl!

I have a very similar situation at home. Instead of direct confrontation, I ask questions. Lots of questions. I don't know if this is the best approach, but I will give it my best shot.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Bona Dea,

Just a suggestion, before you open the door, just read a small part of this essay!

You look as though you've engaged in a bit of healing therapy by researching this.

Welcome to freedom. Enjoy the journey!

Cheers, Ozzie

• sf
    sf

Bravo! Bona, once you have this ready for print and placement, will you also have it up on the net? I'd like to have it on my yahoo profile 'link list'. Daily, lurkers log in asking about these very subjects. I 'd like to direct them swiftly to the link.

Thank you for your time in this thread and in OUR lives.

sKally

• Bleep
    Bleep

I found your first mistake. The elders have to do this regarding Witnesses coming to them for help. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32690&site=3

Look at the top post and under that link.

Better go to the elders and say your sorry.

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

do you mind if I make copies?

No problem. I'll post the revised one when I finish it.

Navigator

I share your pain. I too wish someone had given me this information years ago. I would've never opened the door if I had known all the things I know no. I am paying for it now. I am glad most of your children are out. My fight is to keep mine from ever getting dragged in...Thanks for stopping by and sharing your story.

Thanks everyone else for your responses!!

Bleep

I owe YOUR elders nothing. I have never been a witness and I NEVER will be!!! Nothing I've stated is untrue.

Edited by - Bona Dea on 22 July 2002 11:45:40

• Bleep
    Bleep

Bona Dea wrote, "I owe YOUR elders nothing. I have never been a witness and I NEVER will be!!! Nothing I've stated is untrue."

Me - If your going to lie like most people do about the Elders hiding something you better make sure you put the read at your own risk warning label on it.

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

Bleep,

Do you and I reside on the same planet? Obviously, some of the elders do hide things...

Bona

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Bleep, your simplification of things leaves little room or need for PERSONAL RESPONSABILITY!
    something good happens, musta been jehovah.
    something bad happens, musta been satan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit