Will religion ever be banned?

by haujobbz 51 Replies latest jw friends

• jack2
    jack2

Hauj, I was just thinking about this matter recently. You are right - with all that's been happening since 9/11, it's natural to wonder if the death knell is close at hand for organized religion.

However, I also noticed the fervor with which so many people, including politicians opposed the recent court ruling concering the words "under God" that are part of the Pledge Of Allegience.

As a result, my guess is that, at this point in time, wiping out religion would be very difficult. Of course, one could distinguish between "organized" religion and personal religion of religion carried out in small groups and say that one could be banned without terribly affecting the other.

I also wonder if, as time goes by, the WTS may change their "understanding" concerning the downfall of religion.

• You Know
    You Know

The prophecies that foretell that religion will eventually be destroyed do not indicate that it will come about by means of a popular uprising. Instead the annihilation of religion is scheduled to come about by means of the 8th king of Bible prophecy. We can get some glimpse of how that might come about by looking at the former Soviet Union and other communistic systems that greatly surpressed their domestic religions. At the present moment such a thing might seem nearly impossible, and indeed, given the present near-impotent condition of the UN, it is impossible. Yet, things can change very rapidly. In the event of nuclear war and financial collapse the UN could conceivably appropriate vast powers to itself under the pretext of "saving" the world. According to Revelation the kings and merchants of the world mourn over the loss of Babylon the Great and quake in fear themselves at the awesome power displayed by the 8th king. So, while at the moment the destruction of organized religion might seem highly unlikely, Jehovah's word assures us that such a thing is a certainty because he himself puts it into the hearts of men in power to carry out his will. / You Know

• Reborn2002
  • SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Ummm...Reborn ...try putting the pic on www.strike9.com

All I see now is a little box with a red X .... and I just know that your pic has got to be funnie.

Spice

• SYN
    SYN

Where is that smiley for "rolling my eyes" when you need it?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Banning religion was a great success in USSR, China and their satellite countries under the big C. It obviously is thee way to go! Society is pacified, happy and content, never wanting for anything. Dam conservative Republicans went and spoiled the utopian dream.

caveman

• Nowhere
    Nowhere

There is nothing wrong with religion. It is mankind who is to blame.

Wo would solve lot's of problems by erasing the human race.

• beroea
    beroea

No. Just a simple answer

Bereoa

• Xander
    Xander
    There is nothing wrong with religion. It is mankind who is to blame.

I see.

So, tell me, as a loyal member of some organized religion...WHO exactly is telling you what to do with your life? I mean, does 'god' actually speak to you directly?

Just curious.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Consider the fundy christian and his fundy christian supporters running the biggest superpower on the earth.

LOL! This is so true. And Americans thought it would be dangerous to put a Catholic in office. This friggin' fundy doesn't even pretend to NOT have his own fundy agenda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit