Will religion ever be banned?

by haujobbz 51 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

SpiceItUp

I agree with you there but like myself I take what I can out of all religions and apply it to my life. I think would you will find is most will develop a highbred type of beliefs based on all beliefs.

Will

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Exactly my point....

Religion itself will never die....but the way we view it and practice it will change drastically...

Look at today compared with even 20 years ago....all the scientific discoveries (cloning, virtual reality etc) and more people don't look to God as much for the End all be all answer...

I can see the crumbling (and by crumbling I mean that their support will no longer be the majority in fact may become a minority) of most western religions within my lifetime.

Lets see..Im 25....if we say that on the average I will live until Im 75...that gives it 50 years..yeah..I think thats a good time range. it gives me hope to say the least.

Spice

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Hmmmm NO, religion will never be banned. Religion is supported by even those who do not believe as it is a source of power.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

William - I am in total agrement!!!

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

When i was in a religion i always questioned certain aspects of the beliefs system, and it seemed if they didnt like what i was saying, they told me i was thinking about the wrong things and should pray more and "eat less" no sorry read the bible more and guess what that was exactly what i was doing LOL

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

BTW----I feel sooo bad about not doing this earlier.....

WELCOME to the forum haujobbz...glad to have you here. It looks like I will enjoy your posts.

Spice

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Here's one way to to deal with it;

When a Religious Organizations' policy leads to any abuse, such as covering identities of pedophiles, that organization must:

Change their policies after fair warning OR ELSE....

A.)They will have to pay back ALL of the taxes owed from all their past revenue,

AND....

B.) They will loose status as a Non-profit organization.

• SYN
    SYN

Yes it will. Here is why:

Oh my. I really must quit this dirty little habit I've gotten recently of quoting people on JWZone who can't defend themselves, but hell, if they're not adult enough to open their minds to the information this site, it's their own problem This has GOT to be one of the funniest things I've read in a while...DUB LOVE, Brothers and Sisters, DUB LOVE!

Weve seemed to have drifted a bit...perhaps I can unify the two topics...

I was cruising the halls AT LUNCH, kind of keeping an eye open. He hee...I saw a young sister sitting at a contribution box, with a very modest dress on, reading...ummmm...something (me and my big mouth...almost did it again) ahem...something spiritualy upbuilding...I thought, "Hey, Ive gotta check this out..."

So, I dig some ones out of my pocket and casualy walk up. After I slip them in the box, Im like, "Hey, thats a good book! I read some of that last night..."

"Yeah it is good..." So we started talking, and so ensued a 20 minute long conversation between the two of us. Couldnt have been any better of a setup. She was really nice, we had a lot in common, etc. So, then I start with phase two. "So, have you got a computer?" (as a general rule, you dont ask sisters for their addresses anymore...thats so 1980's. You ask for their email address, which is a little more casual anyway) But she didnt have one.

But what do you do? I know its Tennessee, but aint happening. So, I played it off like it didnt surprise me at all, talked for another minute or two, and went on. No gerilla tactics used to keep that alive...theres lots of other fish in the sea, and some are even legal age...

He. Hee. Heeeeee. HEEEEEEEE!!!!! Oh boy. LOL.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I doubt if religion will ever be banned. Up untill the present, it's been too useful to govts. Consider the fundy christian and his fundy christian supporters running the biggest superpower on the earth. Religion gives him the support he needs. The religious fundies he's fighting against are just another brand name.

In the future, organised religion will probably grow less significant. It will probably go the way it is going in england and europe. In the days of voltaire, people of different religions in developed europe were incapable of being civil to eachother. In england, they had started doing business w eachother. Tolerance has been growing since then. I think it will continue to grow, until organised religion becomes so disorganised that church buildings will be treated like restaurents. People choose the spirituality that they feel like imbibing at the moment. Most will refrain. The majority will arrive at their own person beliefs. IMO

SS

• SYN
    SYN
    The best way to get people to observe some sort of religion...is to tell them they arent allowed too ;)

LizardSnot, you are more right than you can imagine! Religion will never leave the face of humanity...not until we return to the oceans, at least. The God of the Dolphins has flippers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit