God loves Gay, Lesbian, and Transgendered People

by FusionTheism 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    I am a little confused as to how I can "offend" atheists by saying I support gay rights and gay marriage???

Its not you supporting gay rights that's offensive, it's trying to contort the bible so it does as well. It absolutely does not, and no matter how hard you try, you will not get around the verses I posted above.

Regardless of your own feelings, the bible is anti-gay, and the God of the bible promises to wipe all of them out for their sinful profanity of nature. It's disgusting.

im glad you support gay rights, but whether you admit it or see it for yourself or not - as a theist the only possible way you can support gay rights is with the proviso that they are still sinning and profaning nature, and that God will judge them.

you know why most people support it? Because it's the right thing to do, because love should not be banned or restricted, because homosexuality is an observable part of nature, and so many more moral reasons! And they support it without believing they are a sin and a stain on creation.

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Jonathan,

Didn't you say above that you didn't even read the argument I made or the Scriptures I posted?

How do you know the Bible is anti-gay if you didn't read my argument to the contrary?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I guess a person can argue these things Bible or no Bible. The way I see it is that people either hate gays or they don't.....or maybe something in between....more than 2 options anyway.

The problem in this world is the people in it.

Dolphins are great though.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    How do you know the Bible is anti-gay if you didn't read my argument to the contrary?

I want you to seriously think about this question. Are you asserting that only you can properly understand the bible and we should be thanking you for showing us this "new light"? I don't mean to sound snappy here, I'm being serious.

I again refer to all the verses I posted above which completely destroy your OP title, and I argue that reading your entire OP is unnecessary. You can think what you will about the bible, and ignore what you will about it, but it says what it says.

From Old Testament to new, the bible proscribes one solution to gay rights - death. You are lying to yourself if you truly believe the bible is pro gay rights or God loves the LGBT community. It's absolutely untrue, and you can read it right out of the book itself.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Sorry Punk.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Zoos - That made me giggle, thanks
  • FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

One other thought I had:

Are you offended at the mention of the U.S. Constitution because the Founders owned slaves, or were Pro-Slavery?

Do you insist on rejecting anything to do with the Constitution?

Or, do you instead, try to improve the Constitution and get people to use modern morals to better interpret it?

Why is this all-or-nothing, throw the baby out with the bathwater philosophy only applied to the Bible and not to the government or the Constitution?

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Are you offended at the mention of the U.S. Constitution because the Founders owned slaves, or were Pro-Slavery?

Do you insist on rejecting anything to do with the Constitution?

Or, do you instead, try to improve the Constitution and get people to use modern morals to better interpret it?

There is no comparison here FT. The laws of the land have changed with the progression of morality, the bible has not. God himself states in the bible that he does not change (despite his contradictions throughout the bible).

The bible and Christianity both make the claim that the book is the inerrant word from God, that only by obeying gods expectations set out in the book will God approve of you and grant salvation. All who disobey his laws will be judged for their sins.

The constitution makes no such claims, and is amendable to a progressive culture. The bible would have us locked into an archaic time of stoning our children for being disrespectful.

What is it going to take for people to realize that they are holding on to an ancient peoples ignorant worldview and that because of so many doing this our society is suffering? If you would just honestly evaluate all the harms this book has brought our species both in the past and present, you'd be left with the truth - that the bible is no different from Greek mythology, Egyptian mythology, roman mythology, etc and deserves to be viewed just as fictitious.

• oppostate
    oppostate

@JD.

Considering your mention of ancient mythologies vs. the Bible is interesting yet not quite the same. Ancient Greeks saw nothing wrong in older men buggering boys, even Spartans seemed to have preferred manly loving men than females. I think given the actual "practices" and not myths of ancient times the Bible gives moral guidelines that prohibit certain behaviors for the people who were set apart as a beacon of righteousness to the nations. Much of goyim ethos was polluted in the view of rhe israelites.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Why is this all-or-nothing, throw the baby out with the bathwater philosophy only applied to the Bible and not to the government or the Constitution?

You keep using this baby thing. I'm gathering that the baby here represents some truth in the bible and the bath water represents the bad.

Again, the bible claims to be the inerrant word of God. This is an aspect of Christian Faith. There isn't suppose to be ANY bath water to throw out. Has it occurred to you that you are calling God a liar every time you claim he doesn't know his own views and try to correct them for him? Because you are, he is GOD, and you are trying to convince people of views directly antithetical to his own expressed word.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit