Top Cult Expert Steven Hassan makes statement about Jehovah's Witnesses

by Watchtower-Free 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Londo and WTF, thanks for the clarification!

Do you have a page number?

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

No page numbers in my Kindle version

It says its at (Kindle Location 6011) chapter 12

• FadingTruth
    FadingTruth

If you go to the Amazon link Watchtower-Free posted and then "Look inside", it has this quote:

Still others, such as Jehovah's Witnesses and the Mormons have been highly visible for many decades. In the early editions of Combating Mind Control, I did not include stories about those aberrant Christian groups.

However, over the years I have been contact by many people who were born into those organizations, telling me how the book helped them.

Paradoxically, because the earlier editions didn't mention either group, the book wasn't banned by church leaders and so it was widely read by church members as a result

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Why list a source?? Just say, " One cult experts says..."

DD 😇

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Nice.

If there's one guy out there who's could qualify an expert on the subject and is actually (somewhat) known to the general public, it's Hassan.

Having him in our corner has made my day.

• TTATT_Paladin
    TTATT_Paladin

"Paradoxically, because the earlier editions didn't mention either group, the book wasn't banned by church leaders and so it was widely read by church members as a result"

Bet that's going to change with the quickness.

#TTATT

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free
    People now have the option of recommending a JW read the Old version or the New one
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force
    The latest edition mentions JWs 17 times. The actual quote above is on page 308.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

WatchtowerFree - "People now have the option of recommending a JW read the Old version or the New one"

Steve Hassan has released New Light!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    His book helped me for sure. Im very glad he updated it to imclude dubs and momrons

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit