Doctor Visit Today

by Amazing 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Well Folks: I had my first follow-up visit, and things are not as good as I was hoping. Essentially, using diet and exercise to try and reverse my clogged arteries is okay for 15 areas which are 50% or less clogged, by 2 of the points are 80% occluded ... and must be treated in a matter of months, or I face death inside a year ... so, I have some time, but not as I hoped. The two bad occlusions art each at the intersections of main branches ... and either of them would likely kill me if they close up.

The doctor was impressed with my diet changes, lifestyle adjustments, and weight loss and level of recovery ... but the recovery is limited, in that I still have some strong Angina with mild exercise, strongly suggesting my heart does not get enough blood when I exercise, and then when I eat a large meal, the stomach uses enough blood flow, that the heart gets starved and I go into serious Angina ... soooo ... I am ordered to limit exercise and eat 6 to 8 tiny meals a day ... and I am even getting a Handicap sign for my car ... Yikes! ...

Since diet will not save the two main arterial branches, the treatments will either be By-Pass, likely a quadruple, or radiation-angioplasti ... these are the most effective. Some people swear by Chelation with EDTA, but Chelation is bad science, and I will not use it. Another alternative could be a heart transplant, but the doctor does not think I am that far gone.

Vitamin E is great, but contrary to popular lay opinion, 99% of people in western cultures do not need Vitamin E supplement as we get enough in our rich diets ... and the human body stores Vitamin E excess ... there are some enzymes that may help augment reduction in bad Cholesterol ... and assist in prolonging my life as I work out when and how I will get final treatment.

Now is a serious time of decision in my life about a lot of things. I was hoping to announce to everyone that I am plannig on going back to the Diploma Factory (College) and persue a degree in law (JPD) and then take the Bar exam ... and be, yikes! a Lawyer!!! ... But, at the moment, my main conscentration will be on staying alive and relatively healthy until the Doctors can get inside my heart again, and fix it ... I am strongly leaning toward the radiation approach because it is less intrusive ... the thought of someone cracking open mu sternum, shoving my rib case back, and ripping my heart out to play with it while I am being kept alive by a big bad ass machine ... well ... it is just not my style ...

Not sure of all thism, but I just tough you all would like an update 6 weeks after the Big One.

• TR
    TR

Amazing,

Do watcha gotta do, man! We kind of like having you around!

TR

• larc
    larc

Well, Amazing, it is not the best of news, but at least you know where you stand and you know your options. It also sounds like you are in very capable hands, and this is good.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

oh, amazing...

good luck in whatever course of action you take. i will keep good thoughts for you

• Imbue
    Imbue

Amazing....I'm sorry that you may need surgury. You DO need to learn how to slow down and take care of your health. I hope you DO as your told by your Doc. *looks seriously look into Amazings eyes* I hope you aren't in denial over this and do what you ahave to do.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Nothing is more important that your health. After your health is taken care of, then you can think about becoming a Yikes! lawyer.

May peace be with you!

I&P: Great picture. So peaceful.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Take good care of yourself - we want you around for a very long time!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I am a newbie here amazing so I do not know you. You seem like an intelligent and knowledgeable man, so I know you will take the right course in your medical situation.

You have an upbeat attitude and that sure will help. Wish you the very best and I and all the otheres here will be pulling for you.

Hang in there my man.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I'm sorry about the news you got today. It's good you know your options and do what you think is best for you. Do exactly as the Dr says. Your health is the priority.

Take care,

Andee

• COMF
    COMF

It's good to see you facing this problem squarely and doing what's necessary. Keep taking care of yourself, my friend. We like having you around.

COMF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit