Is the watchtower run by 12 men or 1 leader?

by haujobbz 12 Replies latest jw friends

• kat7302
    kat7302

I have no doubt that all money earned goes straight towards the legal costs to protect the children from paedophiles.

I hope the GB doesnt get run by the guy on panorama.........wot a putz!

• Nikita
    Nikita

jjrizo, I have to disagree with you about this point you made:

They don't eat any different, from the rank and file Bethelites their rooms are modest no fancy cars, nothing like the ministers of Christondom who are making a killing in the religion business, fleecing the flocks.

Sorry, but most ministers do not make a killing in the religion business-in fact a far cry from it! I admit, that I used to think that way at one time-given my only exposure to other religions was what the WTBTS had taught me.

My husband is a minister and our car (1996 Taurus) has almost 200,000 miles on it, my husband is accessible 24 hours a day 7 days a week with 3 weeks vacation. He often gets up at 4 or 5 am to pray with people at the hospital for surgery, travels (sometimes 2-3 times a day to hospitals), visits shut-ins, prepares a Bible Study every week for Thurs. nights, a Sunday School study for youth and his Sunday Sermon. Often times, he gives up family time to spend with our church members who are hurting and lonely. SOmetimes by Wednesday, he has put in over 40 hours that week and when he starts putting in overtime, he doesn't get time and a half or any holiday time. He also works with a mentally disabled young man to make a little extra, for us to be able to afford a vacation once in awhile.

His annual salary for ALL of this is about $20,000. He is not in it for the money, but for the calling he feels God has placed on him. I can safely say that all the ministers in our area are in the same income gap, with maybe one or 2 exceptions.

Most ministers do not go in it for the money-believe me, there is far too much heartache, emotional ups/downs and sometimes just plain non-sense for it to be about the money. On more than one occasion we have suffered from burn-out and wanted to call it quits. But, then you have the days in between, where you know you made a difference to just one person, one family and you feel it is all worth it.

Nikita

• sleepy
    sleepy

Hello .

Even if the leadership is now divided between the governing body , human nature will cause one to be a leader among them.

Typically his opinion will be more resecpted and others will tend to favour him.The way humans work means that someone is always in charge even when we think they aren't .

So even though the is no appointed leader like before , someone certainly is the leader.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit