Is the watchtower run by 12 men or 1 leader?

by haujobbz 12 Replies latest jw friends

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

Does anyone know this.Is it run by 12 men or 1?And if so, is one of them the old guy who starred in panorama last night.There must be someone at the top who makes big decisions who probably has a fat wallet,1st class transportation,regular holidays(no sorry i mean visiting different branches and assemblys,stays in the hilton and smokes big cigars.

• ISP
    ISP

Probably, TJ.. But its a good question, IMO......

ISP

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I read "Crisis of Conscience" by Raymond Franz, a former member of the Governing Body. I think right now the corporation is running the organization, not the Governing Body.

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

I heard it was run from odds of a scrabble game

I don't even know what that means

• heathen
    heathen

2 midgets 10 virgins and 2 space aliens

Edited by - heathen on 15 July 2002 20:33:37

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey JJ,I know CO`s are often handed nice sums of cash,vacations,ect.. by different members of the JW`s who have lots of ching$$$$$$$$.I doubt being a GB member would be any different...OUTLAW

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

At least WT's chief editor was Jehovah God from 1931 and since then I am not aware of possible replacement of the chief editor. Posters here may have more recent information of the state of the editorship.

"LAWYER: Who subsequently became the Editor of the magazine, the main editor of the 'Watch Tower' magazine?

F.FRANZ: In 1931, October 15th, as I recall, the 'Watch Tower' discontinued publishing the names of any editorial committee on the second page.

THE COURT: He asked you who became the editor.

F.FRANZ: And it said..

THE COURT: Who became the editor?

LAWYER: Who became the editor when this was discontinued?

F.FRANZ: Jehovah God."

{NEW YORK KING'S COUNTY CLERKS'S COURT RECORD 1940 vol II 795}

• Mary
    Mary

I think there's 12 or 13 men........As far as I know, Freddie Franz was the last President who really ran the show and had the final say, now I think the power is divided evenly amongst the following 13 men:

Grumpy

Sleazy

Winey

Nasty

Surly

Dopey

Oldie

3 french hens, two turtle doves and a Partridge in a pear tree.................

• musicnonstop
    musicnonstop

LOL @ Mary...

Don't forget the demonized Smurf.....

"They never told me what was the truth - just a young man losing his youth..." - 'Bear Cage,' The Stranglers

• messenger
    messenger

GB members typically recieve large sums of money anytime they go on "branch" trips, or any other excursion for that matter. they can get checks of $5,000, $10,000, or I have heard as much as $25,000 made out to them personally. When they travel the rooms are "comp" of course as well as all expenses. What would you do with $25,000 if you had zero expenses?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit