South Georgia 1980-1987 anyone?

by SpiceItUp 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Hey Spice, I don't know too many people from that far out. But I know some of the old crew from South Georgia. The Weeks from McRae, Eddie Williams from Eastman, Roger Thompson from Hawkinsville.

Mike.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

hey Bendrr-- I knew everyone you mentioned. we probably did meet. My father was idolized in that congregation for about 18 months. The name Pangburn ring any bells? Speaking of Bells---did you know Rhonda Bell and her sister Gina? I knew Carlene and Clinton well. Also the Hubbards. I knew Jolie when she was a little kid. Sister Hall? Kim? I introduced Kim to Terry--he was kinda sorta interested in me and Kim and her family moved in just before we moved out. I spoke to them a few years ago--they have been out since one of their kids nearly died and the elders treated them badly. Last I heard they were about to be grandparents. Wilkins were buddy buddy with my dad. I started pioneering there in 1980. So so many names that I know when you say them--but I have forgotten so many. Routhiers were major 'catches' of the day when I was there and my girlfriend from Atlanta even dated one of them enough times to get her heart broken. Remember the Schaffers? I think they went to Bethel. Steve Sharp was a cutey there too---and Bobby.....wish I could remember everyone's names!

Ravyn

• Bendrr
    Bendrr
    hey Bendrr-- I knew everyone you mentioned. we probably did meet. My father was idolized in that congregation for about 18 months. The name Pangburn ring any bells? Speaking of Bells---did you know Rhonda Bell and her sister Gina? I knew Carlene and Clinton well. Also the Hubbards. I knew Jolie when she was a little kid. Sister Hall? Kim? I introduced Kim to Terry--he was kinda sorta interested in me and Kim and her family moved in just before we moved out. I spoke to them a few years ago--they have been out since one of their kids nearly died and the elders treated them badly. Last I heard they were about to be grandparents. Wilkins were buddy buddy with my dad. I started pioneering there in 1980. So so many names that I know when you say them--but I have forgotten so many. Routhiers were major 'catches' of the day when I was there and my girlfriend from Atlanta even dated one of them enough times to get her heart broken. Remember the Schaffers? I think they went to Bethel. Steve Sharp was a cutey there too---and Bobby.....wish I could remember everyone's names!

Rhonda Bell was one of my mom's best friends when she lived in WR before she married my stepdad. You don't happen to know Mary Thomas do you?

I do remember Terry Hall and Manley (sp?) Hall. Manley was such a nice guy, married a girl named Cindy. What was Kim's last name? Please tell Terry that Michael Ganas said hello. I'd love to hear from him sometime.

Your dad was Alan Pangburn?! Yeah I kinda remember him, but it's been a long time and I only met him briefly and I was a little kid.

Your friend who dated one of the Routhiers must have been the Shelley in your pm to me. I remember her well, she dated my uncle John Routhier. She was a total babe!

Steve Sharp was pretty cool, and married a babe. Damn what was her name???? Lisa.

Bobby? You mean Bobby Spires? I knew Bobby well. He married Sheila Weeks from McRae and they moved to Perry. Before they got married Bobby even rented a room in my grandmother's house. I never liked Bobby much. He was (probably still is) a big baby.

Sure you don't remember my grandmother? John and Bill Routhier's mother? Polly?

Wow, how cool is this? Old neighbors! I sent all this to your message box too. Email me sometime!

Mike.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

It just occurred to me.

I'm sitting here trying to remember the name Pangburn. Did your dad go apostate? I can kinda remember some talk about your dad and it wasn't all favorable.

Mike.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

George Pangburn. He is schizophrenic. He ran off with another woman in 1985-86 and because he claimed to be of the anointed he was determined apostate. But after being DFd for about 8 yrs he got around the whole mess by making up some absurd story about my mother being gay and they reinstated him and he is currently back 'in'---but he has been inactive for 10 yrs or so and is a real nutcase. changed his whole history. He now claims to have been in Viet Nam and all sorts of outrageous crap. I try to stay away from him unless he and my stepmother give my mom and sister $hit. He was so idolized by WR cong. He could have started his own religion easy.

I barely remember your grandmother. I would have been older than you, who knows--I may have even babysat you! LOL I was 17-18 when I was there in 79-80.

Terry married Kim Morrison. They have been out for years and years and still live in WR. They had a sick baby and the elders were very unsupportive and suggested they let the baby die and wait for it to be resurrected and they called it quits. The baby is now in college I think and just fine.It has been a couple of years since I spoke to them on the phone.

Yes! Bobby Spires! LOL he was a baby. But I remember he gave me one of his grad pics and I carried it for yrs. in my wallet. Whatever happened to Pam and Lyle Wilkins do you know? He was an elder but she was just barely hanging on in the Borg and I always hoped they got out. Their nephew, Richard Blocker(his real last name was Aides) was my first lust. He was a bad bad boy, part of the attraction I think. My girlfriend was Susan Brown(now Lanier) and I don't remember which one of your uncles she dated...but we used to call them the Rootbeer Brothers....

The other names you mention sound so familliar...but I can't place the names with faces. I have only been to 27 other congregations in 5 other states since WR.

I will email when I have a spare moment...my husband got hurt on the job 2 weeks ago and he is a bad patient now that he is starting to heal.

Ravyn

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Yeah, George, ok. Where did I come up with Alan?

Lyle and Pam are still in, according to my brother. He thinks a lot of Lyle, Lyle is a pretty liberal openminded dub these days. He taped the Dateline program and was passing the tape around to the friends to watch. (what my mom told me anyway)

Mike.

• joelbear
    joelbear

In Darien you may have run into the Zeitz's. I grew up with their girls in Valdosta.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit