South Georgia 1980-1987 anyone?

by SpiceItUp 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

If the towns of Eulogna, Crescent, St Simons Island, Brunswick are familiar to you then you may have known me.

Please email me or respond here. Thanks.

Spice

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I don't know those cities, but I'm going to go to Atlanta this weekend.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Sunshine - Ironically I have never been to Atlanta. I was born in GA and moved to FL in 1987.

I am looking for any one that may have been in that area in that time frame. The families that I remember are the Allen clan, the Hobbies, and the McLaughlins. I am sure there are more but none that I can think of at the top of my head.

Spice

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Sooo...am I to take it that all the ones I knew are either still in it or are internet illiterate...lol

No takers eh!

Oh welll....who knows maybe later on.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Reading Mulans news of finding old friends I thought I'd bump this back up for any newbies.

I also left out the city of Darien.

please contact me if you lived in this area any time from 80-87.

[email protected]

cheers

• Francois
    Francois

I am from that neck of the woods. McLaughlin is a very familiar name. (And it's Eulonia, btw.) I lived in both Richmond Hill and out in the woods from Midway.

francois

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Hey, Francois, I've been to Richmond Hill! In fact, I spend a lot of time in Savannah on business. I'm over two facilities - one in NC and one in Savannah - you probably have heard of the company. We're in the process of closing the Georgia plant, though, so my travels will only last for another few months. Small world, huh?

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Francois---- lol....I was thinking back to my child hood where I always thought of bologny before I spelled my town name...must be why I add that "g" in it

The family McLaughlin I think came to my cong in 1985 or 6 not long before I moved. They had about 5 or 6 kids and I went to school with their 2 oldest boys (Peter and Paul) so they would be in the 25-30 years old age group.

I also knew peple in Townsend as well.

worldygirl----ever been in those parts during the 80's?

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

1977-1979- Forest Park congregation then down to Warner Robins 1979-1980--BUT I was looking for a husband(I was 15-18 yrs old)--so I basically made all the rounds and knew most of the State.

Anyone know the Laniers of Eatonton area? The Fosters in Warner Robins? I did not go by the name of Ravyn, I used my middle name nick of Cammy.

Ravyn

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Ravyn:

I knew all the Fosters in Warner Robbins. I grew up in Perry, right next door to the Irrational City. My mom was best friends in the 70's with Carlene Foster (Clinton Foster's wife). Clinton and Carlene both kinda drifted away. Carlene was killed in a car crash under suspicious circumstances I think in the 80's. Clinton is still in WR and last I heard owned (?) a business selling mobile homes. Excuse me, manufactured housing. Remember Melburn and Marge Foster? I think my mom told me that Melburn died a few years ago.

So if you were in WR back then, you'd know many of the same people I know/knew. The Hubbards, O.J. and Jeri? Two kids, Thad and Jolie. Thad got married to some chick from Ohio. Don't know about Jolie but I hope she took care of herself. She was a major babe back then. I really had a thing for her not too long before my df'ing. If something had've happend I probably would have stayed in.

You probably may also have known my grandmother and my two uncles. Polly Routhier and John and Bill Routhier.

Let's see, Warner Robbins.....The Hortmans, The Dollars, The Wilkins, Sister Hall (forget her first name) and her two grandkids Amy and Damon, Sue Thompson, Karen Johnson and her two kids Todd and Melinda....

We probably know a lot of the same folks. Who knows, we probably even met.

Mike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit