How many ex-JWs out there?

by EXJWBrit 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Welcome friend! Let the de-programming begin!

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

another df'd one here- actually more like a 'drop back & kicked'

this board has been comforting to read of others' experiences in not feeling so alone & abandoned

welcome greetings to all the new arrivals

• EXJWBrit
    EXJWBrit

Thanks to all you great people who offered support and understanding - that was more than I bloody got from my "Caring brothers and sisters" all those years ago!

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

the society call anyone who does not believe everything that they say without questioning it, an Apostate.

THEY EVEN TWIST THAT!!!

the more you read and think about things the more you will understand that the whole organisation, especially the governing body are the true apostates and false prophets. probably the largest of the false prophets of the 20th century.

feel free to e.mail me, i have loads of juicy stuff that will blow you mind.

regards

• ballistic
    ballistic

search, I personally dont need 'juicy stuff' - it's all there to see.

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

I'm an ex-JW. DF'ed around 1980. I spent more time studying to be one than I was one. And I could regurgitate Scripture, turn any conversation into a mini-sermon, and so on.

But like a recent poster said, I think I was going through the motions. I never really thought about what I was doing. Got in too deep and burned out.

Am I an apostate? Well, I think they're right on some things, although if asked would I carry through on them to the point of death, I'd say no. I guess I'm saddened by the fact they seem to be abandoning what they once believed re: the UN, blood, organ transfusions, and so on. The sex-abuse scandal hasn't helped either, or the knowledge that they own 50% of a company owning 50% of another company who's working in areas that may have military applications. IOW the US Army and Navy have expressed interest in technology they're working on.

Would I go back? I don't feel repentant, nor do they eagerly accept practicing (what the hell does that mean?) gays, though that's not what I got canned for. Other than not really being able to get involved in any other religion, I have few scars since I was in such a short time.

Welcome aboard. You'll find people here who laugh, cry, bitch, cuss, flirt, make phone calls when needed to help others--basically, everything a Christian does and Witnesses condemn. So vent, rave, offer a shoulder when needed--you'll be the better for it in the long run.

AND WILL SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO PUT THOSE SMILEY FACES AND ALL THE REST IN THESE POSTS? THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!! Yeah that one I can do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit