How many ex-JWs out there?

by EXJWBrit 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• EXJWBrit
    EXJWBrit

Ok, I'm really green. I heard about this site because of a link on the BBC website due to the paedophile stuff. I'm a little confused. Are you all ex JWs like me? Are we what the still-practising JWs would call apostates? Are we in the wrong? Are we fulfilling prophecy or are we just a little bitter about being f***ed by the Society? My case was handled very badly and I turned my back on the Truth after being shafted along with many other friends. The rich, elite JWs seem to have done very well for themselves. Is it a religion for the rich? I'm angry about what happened to me but also a little comforted by the fact that there are so many others who have similar stories to me!

How many are we and how many active JWs are there? Anyone who knws please reply!!!!

Graeme

• Xena
    Xena

Well I am not sure how many of us there are, lol never did a head count But there appears to be quite a few of us....

I am an ExJW. Drifted away about 2-3 year ago for various reasons. I wouldn't describe myself as bitter, just unhappy with the fact that my family allows a group of men to dictate to them what our relationship will be.

Glad to see you here, you will find a lot of people who understand what you are going thru and have been thru as an ExJW. Its a very nice place to heal

• kristo
    kristo

i agree with you. i am an inactive witness and the reason being is i do not understand the irony that although they are supposed to be no part of the world, JW's are the most elitest, capitalist, materialist and now it seems corrupt at the expense of children.

i am only inactive not DF'd or DA'd as I will not do a JC. As a holder of a degree in politics and history, i will not answer to 3 small businessmen/construction workers, who are in a position of power, which is not democratically accountable.

isnt it ironic, you can be DF'd for being gay, having sex b4 marriage or even smoking a ciggy once, but sexual abuse of a child and you'll only get your answers taken away.

does anyone want to live forever in a world inhabited with only these people.

email me [email protected].

ps. have a blood transfusion, dont die for people who would let your parents abuse you!!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Not DA'd or DF'd. Just really pissed at myself for taking so long to wake up from all the WTBS bullshit.

• Stuart
    Stuart

I am an ex-member, and I think it's only when you are out of the religeon you see how much of a 'cult' it is. I say this with all due respect to practising members, as for a start we are being allowed freedom of speech and it is important ex-witnesses like myself do not abuse this facility.

Much of the religeon preys on the weak, and will pick up on this on a door-to-door basis when preaching (can't remember the term, sorry). And this causes problems beyond all imagination. When I was 4, I was dragged into the cult. I was FORCED to go, by my mother, until the age of 16. No choice whatsoever about that. I made my feelings quite clear, that I wanted no part of it anymore. It isn't right, forcing a religeon on someone - especially a child.

Within two years of me coming out of this, I was thrown out of my home here in Lincolnshire, UK. There were so many times I felt I could have ended my life because of this, but I refuse to. I am now 23, and making a life of my own, outside the congregation. It has not been easy.

I would ask all witnesses to consider views very carefully - it's fine saying 'Jehovah will deal with it' - but it doesn't work. Try telling a school child like me, at the age of 9, that all the other children getting presents at Christmas is wrong, and all the other children are evil. What sort of an impact is that? This has certainly caused me to be ill prepared for the real world. What about being 14 and bringing a girl home after school, just to watch TV - as a friend? Then being told it's evil and could cause bad thoughts.

What about the elders who give guidance to youngsters on their own in their own rooms when preparing for a ministry school talk? People who are left alone with children, no matter who they are, need vetting. And is it done? Not at all.

The worst years of my life were spent in that cult, and to hear how much money they rake in every year is disgusting too. No wonder buildings can be purchased in the leafy areas of Brooklyn and North London.

I am still trying to build my life back up after over 7 years since leaving. I would really welcome any ex-members who can relate to what I'm saying to get in touch - my email address is [email protected].

Who knows - Panorama may get in touch!

Regards to all,

Stuart

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Graeme - welcome hon. I went ten years without contact and then found this site. Feel free to email me. You can do a search for my story on this site. It's called My Story: Pieces of Me. My case was handled badly too. (more than not - that is what happens anyway)

big hugs,

Mimilly

• SYN
    SYN

Hi there, I've been an XJW since about, oh, early 1999/late 1998. Never looked back. It is only once you are out of the forest that you can see the forest. Up until the point you leave, you only see trees. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Statistically there are more X's than active JUU's! Only a half million or so post here though!

the caveman

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

welcome Greame & Stuart---

I know you will find many great people here that you can share your stories and thoughts with.

I was born into it--never DF'd or DA'd just finally quit when I was 18...am 25 now and still getting over things.

Spice/Carol

• nixi
    nixi

Hi there,

I'm not df'd due to the fact, I never got baptized. But I'm definitely what they call an apostate...

I was raised a witness, started to rebel at 16 and finally left (both the Org and my parents) at the age of 17. Now I'm 24 and shunned by my whole family, which is still in.

I agree with Stuart at this point - I also spent the worst years of my life as a JW-child. Things can only get better...

Nixi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit