the ultimate "Question Box" question

by lastcall 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bang
    Bang

Pistoff,

... is it possible more might be ATTRACTED to the org instead of being battered by it....................Please someone knock me out.

You must already be unconscious. "Somebody wake me up", sounds more like the remedy.

Bang

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

O lord! I laughed so loud at this one. I read all your comments and just had to know what that article said, so I phoned my mum (JW) and asked her to read it to me, could not stop laughing...

Sheep eating their cellphones! Hahaha.

Viv.

Edited by - Vivamus on 19 July 2002 17:42:44

• ballistic
    ballistic

One reason they might ban cell phones; some of them vibrate. The old men in Brooklyn might mis-understand this for some perverted sex toy.

Then you can get the internet on some cell phones; they already think the internet is run by Satan.

Cell phones use microwaves which could possibly undo years of brainwashing.

Finally, they probably don't hold any stock in the cell phone industry.

• Xandria
    Xandria

They now have cell phones that are palm pilots together, you can get Television w/ it etc. I used to work w/ Cingular for some time. It is amazing how much techno trash you can get out there.

My cell phone.. well it rings with the James Bond theme.. hehehee. You can download ring tones from the internet now and it will go right to your phone. I have heard AH HA songs, Alma Matter Fight songs, etc.

Xandria

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

I missed this one too. Ummmm...now it's getting kinda sad....Mobile phones??? Pahlease! Can't have techo fear cos they utilize it in the bethels...so what's the problem?

Just another trivial matter to keep us in line and in fear?

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I missed this too. However, judging by where I have seen (and heard) people use cell phones I think JWs need to be informed about phone etiquette.

Would it be Appropriate to Engage in Telephone Witnessing While Sat on the Toilet Taking a Dump?

"While nothing is wrong with finding every opportunity to provide a witness, and while it is commendable that some of Jehovah's people make good use of their time even when caring for the "necessary things" it would be good to consider the Bible's view in this matter, blah, blah, blah.."

In other words don't poop and negotiate contracts and purchases while sitting on the bog. If I hear any echoes or splashing I'll hang up on ya!.

Thirdson

• LDH
    LDH

http://www.pocketpleasure.com/

Need I say more?

Lisa

• frogit
    frogit

Should we use calculators???

*** g76 9/8 25 Should a Pocket Calculator Be in Your Pocket? *** What Disadvantages?

As might be expected, an electronic calculator is not all advantages. There are disadvantages, and it is wise for you to consider them. For one thing, having a calculator is going to involve some money, time and attention. How much would you use it? In your case the few occasions when you would really be helped by having a calculator might not justify the cost, even with the recent low prices. Do you want to put money into something that you may not need, or that may be just a toy for a few days?

Also, it will take you some time to learn how to use a calculator. You will have to think about repairs if it breaks. And what about getting batteries for it periodically if it is of the type that requires such? Good questions to consider.

Another thing, how might having an electronic calculator affect your present ability to do mathematics? One man from got into the habit of using his even for simple addition or multiplication of a few small numbers. Later he observed: When I had to figure something out without my calculator, I found I was much slower than before. It was harder to do simple calculations, things I had learned as a child and formerly could do easily. Hence, he decided to use his electronic calculator only when he faced long, tedious mathematics, such as adding columns of figures, when working out many percentages or averages, or when speed and accuracy were vital.

Can I still use my electrickery toothbrus?

Frogit

• freeman
    freeman

Electric shavers, will they shipwreck your faith?

Since early times Gods word has regulated grooming. Blaa blaa blaa.

And while electric shavers are not specifically mentioned in Gods word

, the principles of blaa blaa blaa... etc.

It is a well known fact that many apostates and haters of Jehovahs people use electric shavers not the least of which is blaa blaa Bowen blaa blaa Franz blaa blaa... etc.

Therefore the mature Christian, blaa blaa blaa

, and not risk shipwrecking their faith as others have.

Freeman

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

My brother didn't believe me that there was a KM about cellphones so I had to go back and find this to share with him :) Still makes me smile thinking of the sheep eating their phones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit