the ultimate "Question Box" question

by lastcall 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lastcall
    lastcall

July 2002 question box : " What should we bear in mind when using cellular telephones and electronic pagers?"

This in my mind is the ultimate question in the sense that it really shows how rediculessly micro-managed we were in this religion.

Disect this one for a moment. Only amongst JW's do we ever here a question that begins, "What should we bear in mind....". This is because the Society decides how JW's should use their minds in the most mundane aspects of life.

JW's: "Cell phones and pagers! O my god what should we be bearing in mind? We need leadership here man. For the love of God!"

GB: "It is imperative that we provide scriptual council in this matter of cell phone use, the sheep are lost, some are even trying to eat their cell phones."

JW's : "Praise Jah for we now know that talking on the cell phone in the third row during the Wt study is not in accordance with God's will. duhhhhhhhhhhh."

I don't have a scanner but if your really bored and have access, read the answer to this all important question. It's laughable.

Edited by - lastcall on 14 July 2002 23:31:42

Edited by - lastcall on 14 July 2002 23:33:14

• minimus
    minimus

Cellphones and pagers are worldly and are from the Devil.

• COMF
    COMF

You don't know who might be calling you on a cell phone. They may say they're your husband, or friend, or even a member in good standing of Jehovah's Witnesses. But can we be sure? Some have used cell phones, thinking they were simply "harmless instruments of convenience" only to encounter shipwreck of their spirituality. Knowing this, what will you do?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

If you keep the pager on vibrate and carry it in your pants can you still have meeting parts? please call often!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

man i sat through that meeting, and i wanted to die.
    I was so ashamed that we devoted ten or fifteen minutes to this stupid subject; i mean, cellphones are annoying, turn em off at meeting. Is that too tough for anyone?

I was insulted beyond belief that we should be lectured about this when we might have been talking maybe about how to respond to someone in the ministry that challenged us about sex abuse scandal, or maybe that some charity work might be good for our collective soul; is it possible more might be ATTRACTED to the org instead of being battered by it every 2 weeks?

Please someone knock me out.

Pistoff

• Simon
    Simon

What next? The immoral danger of toasters or how PDA's can lead to spiritual shipwreck?

Jeepers

• ISP
    ISP

They do not go 'beyond the things written'.......of course......Teddy boy said so himself...

ISP

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I was there for this talk. I agree with the principle, there is a time and a place for cell phones, but HELLO!!!

It is common sense to turn off the cell phone during meeting. If people need to be told when to and when not to use a cell phone at meeting, then you should be a dub. I wouldn't want you walking around thinking for yourself anyway. LOL!

• Simon
    Simon

I say we all to go the next Sunday meeting and ring each other up to see who has the most annoying ring-tone

• ballistic
    ballistic

Why not cellotape cell phones with loud tones under peoples chairs and then ring them during the Watchtower?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit