Panorama: outstanding!

by comment 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I just want to say that its great to hear from you guys in the UK, your feedback is fantastic and its also good to see newbies coming out and posting - thanks for sharing with us one and all.

Beck

• LB
    LB

I finally got my son to watch the old dateline show last night. He said it wasn't anything he already didn't know. That he doesn't expect any changes to happen. The rank and file will just hang in there. I think he may be right. But he also felt that studies are going to be affected and those considering studying will also reconsider.

He said not one person has met anyone here stateside that has brought up the dateline show. I asked him if maybe that's because the average householder just doesn't give a damn about JW's and has no reason to get into an argument on their own doorstep. He agreed.

I wonder how things will fare in the UK after your show?

• stewart
    stewart

Thanks Hilary and Simon for the welcome, the time here means bed beckons but I will be back (regretably that sounds a little Schwarzenegge'ish)

Regards

Stewart

• Erica
    Erica

WOW, that was awesome, I didn't get to see it, but just reading the transcript was so powerfull.

Bill thank you for helping this come to light, not only here but all over the world. YOU ROCK !!!!!!!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

ERICA have you gone to Simons link? you can view it from there. It is worth watching. If you can.

plum

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

If anyone has a message for the Brooklyn WTS Headquarters, you can try posting it here.

Perhaps it will get to the GB via their "Internet Monitors."

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32174&site=3

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 15 July 2002 15:9:16

• City Fan
    City Fan

Welcome to the board Stewart !

I went out with a girl from the Haslingden congregation and know quite a few JW's in that area. And I know the incident you've spoken about. It's 10 years since I left - maybe we know each other.

The paedophile in question got reinstated and to my knowledge still goes to meetings and out on the work.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Outstanding! Sure was! Like someone has said, we knew it all before, but watching it "out in the open" gave it a stunning impact.

Incredible, ...... but will those with veiled eyes still see? I doubt it. They just don't want to.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit