Transcript of the UK letter

by dmouse 24 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail

Expatbrit wrote:

The letter is pathetic.
    1) Blow our own trumpet.
    2) Say something nasty about everyone else.
    3)Repeat the usual rubbish about Bible principles that got them into this mess,surrounded by good sounding phrases like "decisive action". Hope no-one notices.

What you say above is EXACTLY what the current-JW-flock wrote in their messages to the Panorama/BBC show. It made me sick reading them. They wrote nasty things about the reporter, the show, and the BBC itself; they said how great the JW religion is; and just like you say, 1-2-3, they finished up with scriptural backup that proves they would never do such things, blah blah. If you didn't get a chance to read them yet, be ready to have your gut wrenched when you do.

And thanks dmouse for posting/typing out the letter. I got it thru silent lambs email earlier but the "highlighting" didn't show up, so I wasn't sure which parts of the letter were changed from the first version. For the non-thinking JWs (of which I was one), they will never even be able to "read between the lines," as I wouldn't have either without you brilliant deep-thinkers here to point out all of the subliminal subtleties (sp?).

Thanks again.

GRITS

Edited by - grits on 15 July 2002 6:42:9

• abbagail
    abbagail

Before I saw this thread and the contents of the UK letter, I had posted a shorter version of this at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32147&page=1&site=3#423526
    but this is the e-x-p-a-n-d-e-d version. I needed to play out this scenario just to see how "realistic" it would look in print. GRITS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The UK WT letter said:

Later, this requirement to consider testimony of two or three witnesses was confirmed by Jesus. (Matthew 18:16)

The little girl sees Jesus sitting over on the rock, in among the crowd...

She saw him here last week.
    She wanted to get to him then, but she lost her nerve.

"Shall I try today to reach him?" she wonders to herself. (She'd been thinking about it all week, trying to work up the courage...)

Before she realizes it, she is walking towards Jesus sitting on the rock.

Her pedophile uncle, and disciple of Jesus, tries to stop her in her tracks...

Jesus rebuked the man saying, "Let the little child come to me, and do not try to stop her...:"

So the little girl makes it up to Jesus' lap and he puts his arms around her and hugs her. She feels safe now. She thinks she has enough courage. It's now or never. So she leans up and whispers in Jesus' ear that her uncle, who brought her there, has been touching her in ways that he should not.

Jesus gets a perplexed look all over his face, and sets her back down, and pointing to the uncle says: "Come with me over here behind this tree."

The uncle follows Jesus to the tree, but he's not the least bit worried. He knows Jesus would NEVER go against Deut. 19:15...

Jesus looks the uncle straight in the eye and asks him, "Did you do as this child says?"
    The uncle exclaims, "NO LORD! I would NEVER do any such thing. The girl is making up fantasies."

Jesus says, "Okay then Brother. Good enough. That's all I needed to know. Continue following me as my disciple..."

Jesus goes back to the little girl, kneels down to her level, and says, "I'm sorry child, but because there is no one else to back up what you say, I cannot believe you, nor can I do anything about what you have told me. I cannot get myself in a jam without another witness to what you described. However, I do hope you will come and see me again, because you KNOW I love you and care about you. Look, here's your uncle now... run along so your uncle can take you home, and be a good little girl and don't ever tell anyone else what you told me... ESPECIALLY don't tell any of the Roman soldiers... because you know how they hate me and my disciples already, and you wouldn't want to make any trouble for us, now would you?"

The little girl is trembling, frozen on the spot, she cannot even speak a word as one last tear trickles down her cheek... all hope has vanished, and the look of death covers her face like a veil...

Jesus calls his disciples to him and they travel along the road a few miles where another crowd has assembled. He rests himself on a hillside and begins to teach the crowd:

"Moreover, if your brother commits a sin, go lay bare his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take along with you one or two more, in order that at the mouth of two or three witnesses every matter may be established."

And at that moment the uncle, hiding the wicked smirk on his face, bent down and kissed Jesus' feet, mouthing, "Praise You Lord, Praise You... Your words are sayings of everylasting life..."

• abbagail
    abbagail

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but seeing it in print "in Jesus Day" really shows me how utterly ridiculous The Matthew 18:16 Rule is in regards to child abuse. Like dungbeetle pointed out: "The two-witness rule is for the PROCEEDINGS , not the CRIME." Good point.

GRITS

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

You're all SO right --everyone on this thread.

Their criminally negligent behavior is being excused on the basis of this mis-applied scripture.

I expanded a bit more on it here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32174&site=3

Who knows what other reason will they come up with next.

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 15 July 2002 15:4:18

• abbagail
    abbagail

Thanks for the link, YC...

Talk about confusion: In your post at the other link, WT says Jesus did not need the Law to prove who he was, yet then they say Jesus used the law (Deut. 19:15) and RECONFIRMED IT himself at Mat. 18:16, etc. etc.etc.

GB sitting in the big room, scratching their heads, moaning, "Yeah, if we try hard enough, I just KNOW we can connect these dots somehow..." [8>]

GRITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit