Hardline on disfellowshipped ones

by eyeslice 55 Replies latest jw friends

• ugg
    ugg

you are right....the disassociated will be publicly removed.....families crushed and broken....no middle ground.....things are going to get tough.....real tough....you have to be there to understand it....i am there......i am broken........ugg....

• LDH
  • blacksheep
    blacksheep

Quite astute you are LDH. Wh'at's going to be really interesting, is people like me. Who've been DA'd (not even formally) for many, many years. What'll they do in my case? Suddenly announce my DA'd status from the podium, when almost none of the existing JWs even know who I am.

I'll tell you what...this all really helps explain my family's bizarre treatment of me lately. Obviously, this new injuction has GOT to breed some strange behavior. My mom/sister have called very infrequently and when they do, they make very clear that they are busy going to this JW event/party or that family/jw event party, to which of course, I'm not invited...I thought at first this was so silly and immature, but maybe that's simply to underscore all the "sweet fellowship" that I'm missing??? Then, my sister calls after several months and asks if mom called me. (No, she hadn't either in several months). Then sis proceeds to advise me of the death of an in-law (non-jw) relative whom none of us had seen in years literally, (or barely knew). Not that it wasn't sad...but the intro into our conversation just seemed odd. Now I see. It must have been the "necessary family business" requirement which prompted the call. (Only SO many relatives can die within a certain period of time to help furnish this pretext for speaking...). Then, while she has me on the phone, she starts talking about how she's had casual conversations about all these JW people (whom I hadn't seen in years) about me. How "x" guy always was interested in me, for example. Again, quite strange. What that has to do with my (or her) CURRENT life, I'll never know... But, maybe she was simply trying to pique my interest/memory in the "sweet fellowship" that I had so many years ago????

Get real!!! I have a very full, busy life OUTSIDE of the cult; haven't seen these people in nearly 2 decades. I'm having my second beautiful healthy child shortly, dh will NEVER be inclined go near any JW teaching, let alone start "studying" and come into the "truth." So, how is their little shunning game supposed to work with people like me. All it can possibly do is annoy me to no end, further alienate our family (including grandkids) from them, and is generally ludicrous.

For me, this shunning is going to backfire on them incredibly. I'm NOT going to contact them and try to maintain a "normal" relationship with them. Their trying to set up their terms for communication. I'm not taking any sort of bait. THEY are just putting a further wedge in whatever shred of relationship we had. Their far better off just letting me go entirely. This stuff is just not healthy.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

WHY do I even start reading a post concerning this. It pisses me off so bad! Makes me want to take a *fake* gun into a kingdom hall and scare the ever living shit out of the elders.

• blondie
    blondie

Don't do that, Tinker. Fake guns can get you in as much trouble with the police as a real one. Your joy would be short-lived and you could spend time in jail.:(

And the elders would win in the end.

• phoebe820
    phoebe820

Mary,

I just read the KM today. Your post expresses my same thoughts as I read their lame twisting of positions regarding scriptures to suit what is in their best interests at that very second!

Phoebe820

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit