Hardline on disfellowshipped ones

by eyeslice 55 Replies latest jw friends

• topswing
    topswing

This really dosen''t supprise me. With the society comming under attack.... Pedaphiles....unfullfilled prophesys..... being members of the U.N. Its there way of clamping down. They are trying to keep there sheep from being influinced by open minded free thinkers, aka disfellowshipped ones. Next it will be the internet, trust me. You will see them taking a harder line on there members from surfing the net. They are doing everything possible to keep the real truth from there followers.

• JT
    JT

if it is made up and not true- for those of us who have been around for awhile - the posted KM be it real or not -does reflect the mindset of the boys in writng and service, but as with all things

TIME WILL TELL

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL,this is just the begining.WBTS scandals are being exposed on a world wide scale.WBTS is going to crack down like never before.They won`t stop until they have squeezed every drop of decency and compasion from their followers.In the end they will have their good little Nazis.It may not be as many as before,but they will be even more ruthless,cold,braindead loyal dubs.D/F and D/A will probably go up,I have no doubt there will be a witch hunt on a grand scale...OUTLAW

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

On point 2: How to Treat Expelled Ones, the Watchtower comments: "Jesus words recorded at Matt. 18:17 also on the matter: 'Let (the expelled one) be to you just as a man of the nations and a tax collector.' Jesus' hearers well knew that the Jews of that day had no fraternization with Gentiles and that they shunned tax collectors as outcasts. Jesus was thus instructing his followers not the associate with expelled ones--See the Watchtower of September 15, 1981, pages 18-20."

"The words "the expelled one" are not in the original Scripture passage here. Moreover, why would Jesus contradict his own actions? Where does it say He refused to associate with Gentiles and tax collectors? On the contrary, he sat with tax collectors and ate with them (see Matt. 9:10, ll; Mark 2:15, 16; Luke 5:29, 30). He was considered a friend of tax collectors (Matt. 11:19, Luke 7:34). The tax collectors and prostitutes believed Jesus and were entering the kingdom ahead of the priests and elders. (Matt. 21:23-32) Tax collectors and sinners were welcomed to hear Jesus (Matt. 15:1) The tax collector was declared righteous above the Pharisee (Luke 18:10-14). And finally, Jesus chose the tax collector Matthew to be one of the Apostles (Matt.9:9 and 10:3) And Zacchaeus was a chief tax collector (Luke 19:1-10) This is a far cry from shunning as Jws maintain.

What about a man of the nations or a Gentile? How did He treat them? Jesus had no qualms about entering into Samaria and speaking to a Samaritan woman although the Jews had no dealings with Samaritans. (John 4:7-28) Through her other Samaritans put their faith in Jesus and asked him to stay longer. (John 4:39-42) See also the story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37) Luke 17:11-19 has Jesus going through Samaria and curing 10 lepers. Only a Samaritan returned to give Him thanks. How did Jesus treat the Roman soldier? See Matt. 8:5-13. Vs. 11-12 are particularly interesting: "But I tell you that many from eastern parts and western parts will come and recline at the table with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of the heavens; whereas the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the darkness outside. There is where their weeping and the gnashing of their teeth will be." See also Luke 13:29-30.

Whereas, when the apostles first began preaching they went only to the house of Israel, through Jesus' example, they learned that the message was also for the Gentiles (people of the nations) These are really the "other sheep" that John 10:16 speaks of and not an earthly class as the W.T. maintains. By the time of his resurrection, there is no doubt left that His message is for everyone. "Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit..."

No, Jesus didn't shun tax collectors or Gentiles.

• dmouse
    dmouse
    No, Jesus didn't shun tax collectors or Gentiles

True, but that's not the point. The 'people of the nations' did, which is the point. It appears that Jesus wanted his followers to follow their example of how to treat people who became unrepentant sinners.

Whatever....the way that JWs are told to treat Dfed and DAed people is barbaric, frankly I couldn't give a rat's ass if there is a scriptural basis for it. The policy is in-humane.

Imagine the couple ringing their mum after the assembly and saying 'hey, we're not going to talk to you anymore unless you become a JW again'

Talk about emotional blackmail - that's just sick.

The GB have the moral intelligence of those zombies you see in horror films.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hmm, it's almost subliminal isn't it, the "after the assembly" bit.

This prompts the gullible dub into action now, the "it's right after the assembly now so I must act now" imprinting comes into force.

Very Manchurian Candidate! Have we got 'em rumbled or what!

Englishman.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I wonder how my mother will react to this. She shunned me for almost 3 years but slowly changed and now that I have a daughter she really wants to be around. If she chooses to shun me again she's cut off. I don't put up with JW crap. It amazes me that they expect you to change your convictions to conform with their beliefs (sorry, just venting).

• alamb
    alamb

I have a scan of the article if anyone wants it.

• SYN
    SYN

Hi Mom,

You bore me in your womb,
    You tore open your soft flesh to give birth to me,
    You fed me the milk I needed to live,
    You swaddled me in the finest, softest cloth,
    You loved me most tenderly of all,
    You made sure I stayed healthy,
    You threw me over your back when I had wind,
    You were so warm and caring,

I was your little angel,
    I was the light of your world,
    I know that you'd done anything for me,
    I know you'd've thrown yourself in front of a bus for me,
    I know you'd've sacrificed everything for me,
    I know you loved me from the bottom of your heart,

Oh, and by the way, I'm never going to talk to you again. Cheers.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

alamb, please email me a copy when you can,

Thanks

Lew W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit