it doesnt matter

by SpiceItUp 33 Replies latest watchtower medical

• imissthedub
    imissthedub

Xena is right....taking the words from your post it did sound like you were referring to things you posted here. That is how it was interpeted. I cannot help how I read things, just as you cannot. I have no issue with anyone on here, but was trying to say that we ALL need to be aware that things can can miscontrued when you don't see a face or hear a person's voice.

I do think it is unfair, however, for you to come back and tell me how to respond to a post. At one time on another post, you had said that because you were new noone really cared about talking with you. I answered then and I did now. But, now you want to tell me HOW to answer. :) If you just needed a hug I did not read that there. I thought you were feeling bad about this board and lack of response.

You are not the only one to suffer from mental illness/depression...been there and will be again I imagine. I also have OCD. So, please realize that when you decide to analize what OTHERS reply to you you may be hurting them, too. I am not trying to cause bad feelings. I am just saying that when a person tries to respond they don't necessarily expect to be told they need to only respond in "correct" ways and that perhaps that person hurts at times as badly as you do. We would all like everyone to read and see things how we do. It does not happen in a perfect world.

I am sorry if I hurt you. That was not my intention. Perhaps it was not you intention to slap my wrist, either. If not, I will except that. If it was, thanks but no thanks. I don't need anyone telling me how or what I should say to people. I thought we were casual friends here. :)

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

imissthedub - My words towards you and Xena (edited to also include plmkrzy) were not meant to be nearly as harsh as I am sure they came across. I was and am still upset by the response I had received by RF and unfortnately I put the both of you in the crossfire. I feel for anyone that has gone through or is going through depression. It is not fun and alot of times I end up on putting on what I call my "survival mode" which can be roughly translated as a paranoid approach.

I can see how my initals words could be interpreted in the way they were but I think it hurt me that not one person bothered to ask if that was indeed what was bothering me.

I am not trying to slap any wrists here. If anything I am probably more on a self-destructive path that ultimately causes me to push those away that are really only trying to help.

I thought we were casual friends here. :)

We are and that is one of the reasons I did post my feelings.

Spice

Edited by - SpiceItUp on 15 July 2002 9:52:14

• imissthedub
    imissthedub

Great! ((((Spice)))) You will be ok. It comes and goes, but just remember.....whenever it comes it WILL go again.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Generally speaking, anything we read can be misinterpreted. There is no way we can know the heart and mind of those who post here. We can only make our own interpretation from what we read.

It's all in our own perception -- the one making the expression, and those that read it. If we are feeling down and negative and depressed, it might be more difficult for us to perceive responses as good or positive. On the other hand, we might be sparked out of our despair by the way someone says something.

If I am happy, it is difficult to shake that happiness. It is easy to share my joy. If I am unhappy, then I'm looking for someone to help me out of my despair. If someone attacks me or judges me, I become defensive. My grief is compounded.

Personally, in my delivery, many times I say "you", but only in a very broad term. I usually mean "we all" (everyone) and not just one individual. In everyday life, I am forever being misunderstood. My intentions are good, but sometimes I trip over myself trying to deliver a genuine message of love and concern. Perhaps this is what has occured within this thread--misunderstandings.

Perhaps instead of everyone quickly taking offense, it should be up to the original poster of the thread to request clarification if they are offended. This would stop any incorrect perceptions and the air could be cleared.

I'd like to believe that everyone is here because they care about other people. It's a loving gesture to respond to someone's post. When someone is down, and we recognize that, we certainly do not want to kick them. Depression is an illness and should never be taken lightly. Some of us are not familiar with depression and are not capable of responding to a plea for help in this arena. In that case, why respond at all.

I've seen lot's of (((HUGS))) on many, many posts. Sometimes, there are no words. The person just needs a hug.

Love and Light,

Karen/Sentinel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit