News Flash! JW's Aren't Christians At All!

by LizardSnot 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Xander
    Xander
    Catholic school up until high school and never once mentioned to me that I would burn in hell for doing that.

getting head....wife's eternal soul

gett....

"HEY, HONEY! GET BACK OVER HERE!!!!"

our organization is not a part of Christianity."

You sure it said 'Christianity' and not 'Christendom'? To anyone 'in the world' the terms mean one and the same and are interchangeable. To witnesses, they are not. 'Christendom' is an evil harlot that will be destroyed. They, however, belong to 'true christianity', which is different.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    Jehovah is the main center of their worship isnt he?

Uh, just wanted to correct this one, Jehovah isn't the main center of worship, the F&DS are the main cetner of worship.. If Jehovah himself burned a bush outside of headquaters in Brooklyn, and said to the F&DS you haven't followed my directions, they'd think it was a good trick by Satan, and ignore it!

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Xander said:

Catholic school up until high school and never once mentioned to me that I would burn in hell for doing that.

gett....

"HEY, HONEY! GET BACK OVER HERE!!!!"

I'm not really sure he'd have to repeat it 3 times before he reached the conclusion..

It would only take a few milliseconds tops.. <hehe>

• Nikita
    Nikita

Lizard, it 's funny-I was reading Hebrews 1 last night and got to thinking along the same lines as you! For the life of me, I cannot recall why it is that they thought he was the archangel, Michael.

Anyways, great minds think alike and so do ours!

Nikita

• FlyingHigh
    FlyingHigh

I was the only jw in my school and I got teased a lot. Their favorite nickname for me was preacherboy because my parents went door to door.

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Nikita,

The WBTS says Michael is Jesus because of the scripture at 1 Thess. 4:16

16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage each other with these words.

Of course if this scripture says that Jesus is the Archangel...then he is also a "loud command" and a "trumpet call".

Lizard

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

"getting head....wife's eternal soul"

"getting head....wife's eternal soul"

I know, I know ! you should have heard him when I confronted him about it, he tried to tell me that "the nuns must've lied to my co-worker!" He couldn't even keep a straight face.....men are such dogs.......

anyway.....xander, that tract may have said "Christiandom," I can't remember the exact wording, but I did find it weird because I had never noticed that on any tracts before......kind of strange also that this was after they were caught with the "wild beast," that they should try to set themselves apart from the "great harlot...."

Lizard, I don't recall what the tract was about, I do remember that it was right around the Memorial because at first I thought that was what it was in reference too.....somebody that still attends meetings should be able to get one.....I wanted to get another one from my JW family, but they always think I'm plotting. I don't know where they get that idea.......

Edited by - deddaisy on 13 July 2002 2:3:52

• mr party
    mr party

the jws compare themselves to 1st century christians. so explore some history. read 'bible myths and their parallels in other religions' by -Doane. you have the web. search- bible fraud - woman deaconesses- constantine, trinity, sunday. date bible cannon. please get to know your bible. as far as the jws comparing themselves to 1st century christians? like now, there where so many, christian beliefs that maybe if the jws were around back then thay would be gnostic christians now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit