Kingdom Hall Burns

by wasasister 31 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Maybe, if this was done during the assembly, somebody wanted
    to torch the hall without anyone getting hurt.

If this keeps happening, what will the Society do about insurance?

metatron

• COMF
    COMF

What a blessing from Jehovah, that he scheduled the convention the week of the burning! He really does protect his own.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Funny how as a kid I was always told stories of demon possesed stuff that would not burn, or be almost impossible to burn. Guess Satan builds with fire resistant materials, lol.

• Xander
    Xander

"We live in times where people do things we don't understand.."

Yet to be determined if fire was deliberate or accidental

Uh-huh. Persecution card played ASAP.

(Okay, any fellow conspiracy-mongers out there? Could this be planned? Think of it - get the insurance money to built a new hall - at the SAME TIME you get to play the 'persecution card' and increase attendance!)

You've obviousWhat a blessing from Jehovah, that he scheduled the convention the week of the burning! He really does protect his own.

You've obviously been in as long as me. Yup, 'blessing from jah'.

• Xander
    Xander
    Guess Satan builds with fire resistant materials, lol

LOLOL!!

*SO TRUE* - I love it!

(Or, perhaps, something about that little smurf lets more demons sit in it than angels in a KH!)

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

TUMWATER, Wash. - A blaze has completely destroyed a Jehovahs Witness church that was home to three congregations.

The fire erupted around 8:30 Thursday night at the Kingdom of God Hall,.located near the intersection of Interstate 5 and US Highway 101, near Olympia.

Olympia firefighters arrived at the scene to support the Tumwater Fire Department in the fight of the blaze, but there was no saving the building. The flames were so high that people could see the smoke all the way in Olympia.

Upon entry into the building, the ceiling was collapsing, the roof was collapsing so we had to pull the firefighters out for a defensive operation on the building," said Tumwater fire chief Rich Ridgeway.

KING The church, shown the morning after the fire.
    "So the firefighters cleared out and battled this blaze from the outside, he said. They spent several hours dousing the huge flames..

For congregants and church elder, the sight was painful.

"The flames were coming up throught the roof - I was completely surprised and shocked by what we saw," said church elder Kurt Porter.

Firefighters believe the fire started outside the church, but don't believe there was a suspicious cause behind the blaze.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Are Kingdom Halls self-insured through the WTS or do they carry commercial property insurance?

I hate to be a "wet blanket" on this burning issue (puns intended) but it would be unfortunate if a commercial insurance company (that's Mr. & Mrs John Q. Public) had to pay for the repairs.

If, on the other hand, the WTS has to foot the bill, or, more likely, they pass the costs on to the local "theo-cong" enclave of loyal dubs, then to quote my favorite line from the Saint Francis of Chevrolet movie "APOCALYPSE NOT"... "I love the smell of burning Kingdom Halls in the morning; it's the smell of divine retribution"

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 12 July 2002 10:49:50

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 12 July 2002 10:51:9

• wasasister
    wasasister

Trauma: thanks for posting the article. I just woke up and haven't listened to the news yet. It's been hot and dry here, so a spontaneous fire would not be out of the question. The quote from the elder I heard last night was a paraphrase, but fairly close to what he actually said and the intent was quite clear.

Honestly, I wouldn't wish a fire on anyone. I'm greatly relieved no one was hurt. While I am overjoyed when individuals wake up and walk out of a Kingdom Hall voluntarily, I have never wished for a violent end. It's too much like what they wish for the churches and temples of "Babylon".

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Maybe the elders where in there burning the "evidence"!

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

to bad it burned down,,,,,,,,, now the records of the pedophile accusations against the elders are gone...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit