Kingdom Hall Burns

by wasasister 31 Replies latest jw friends

• wasasister
    wasasister

Tumwater, WA

Kingdom Hall completely destroyed by fire. Elder Rod Tucker talks to news media about fire, cause unknown. Elder says, "We live in times where people do things we don't understand.." Basically, he was thankful because this is Thursday night when meeting would have been held, if not for District Convention this weekend at Tacoma Dome.

Yet to be determined if fire was deliberate or accidental.

Watch the Western Washington Press for updates.

• Dawn
    Dawn

Basically, he was thankful because this is Thursday night when meeting would have been held

.....they would have been fine - remember how they praised themselves on their ability to evacuate the colliseum so efficiently during the District Convention?

Really though - I have a lot of anger towards the organization, but would hate to see anyone injured by some stupid stunt like deliberately setting a KH on fire - there would be so many children that could be injured or traumatized by that event. Returning evil with evil is never the answer.

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

GREAT!!....ARRRGGG....my wife just left for that same convention today....they will surely mention it...she's going to come home even MORE persecuted than ever!!!

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

Elder says, "We live in times where people do things we don't understand.."

Borg has had solution or explanation to every aspect of human life, why this sudden lack of understanding? Maybe this elder just forgot the ubiquituous persecution, the menace of last days, lasted now for circa 50000 days of our modern time.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Cause of the fire has yet to be determined, but they are already jumping on the persecution complex?

Lew W

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe he meant:

"We live in times where people do things we don't understand ..."

"... like rushing building work for no good reason and installing dodgy wiring"

You never know what the cause is until it's been investigated ... of course whatever the cause, persecution will be 'useful' to them.

I'd hate to see someone do something like this because it would eld up damaging their life when they were caught.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

The Bulli Kingdom Hall was burned down last year and I wondered if it was a disgruntled ex. The Dubs couldn't even claim persecution because, although it did turn out to be arson, the guy who did it was a well known local nutter who went from the KH into Bulli township and also set fire to the only decent take-away food joint.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Interestingly my (ex)congregation in Leicester held a fire drill last Sunday during the meeting, and they evacuated the building. I've never known that to happen before, perhaps they are getting ready for the great 'persecution'.

Paranoia helps keep their brain cells from working properly so it's a useful tool of the Org.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

One question... when will the rest of them burn? After the Great God of the Apostates punishes the evil WT??? LMFAO

Kisses,

Moe

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Good to see you here, Wasa.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit