Youths - How Will You Waste Your Life?

by Simon 32 Replies latest jw friends

• scumrat
    scumrat

Remember now !!!!! going to college is like getting a job at a store with a "going out of business" sign posted out front. GEE I've gone past that same store for the last 30 years and it still has that sign up. SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE.. GET MY DRIFT???

• sisteract
    sisteract

ZENPUNK,

I HEARD THAT THE "DOWNSIZING" AT BETHEL WAS REALLY A PURGING OF ALL THOSE THERE OF "QUESTIONABLE" ALLEGIANCE TO THE WTBS. SIMILAR TO WHAT HAPPENED BACK IN 1980? HOWEVER I CAN'T CONFIRM THIS. DOES ANYONE KNOW FOR FACT??????

• CFree
    CFree

Reading this "pamphlet" brought back all the memories of being brough up as a dub and all the messages about not pursuing a career etc. I thought they were improving on this one but obvioulsy not. All those teenagers that are wasting their potential and intelligence for what - NOTHING!

The bit about missionary service makes me angry - it makes it sound so attractive. My sister and her husband went into this after years of full time pioneering (and part time cleaning jobs). They gave up their home and all their belongings, went to Gilead for 5 months and then got assigned to Uganda. They were more or less abandoned there, my brother in law became VERY ill and the society didn't want to know. After them giving up everything they had to scrape money together to travel back to the UK.

After all that tho they are still pioneering and can see no wrong!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit