Youths - How Will You Waste Your Life?

by Simon 32 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

"Once you look inside, there's nothing there."

Gosh, wonder who else that might apply to?

"But first, you must qualify to be in God's service."

Gosh, wonder who might be the qualifying agency?

"In time, you will be moved to make a dedication..."

Gosh, wonder if that includes a vow to WTS?

Simply incredible how such noble investigations/goals are spin-controlled toward being a JW. Simply incredible that I swallowed the same pablum for most of my life. Simply incredible that so many are escaping this mind control.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Qualifying to Be a Witness of Jehovah

To start with you must make yourself want to cultivate a desire to go to Bethel, become a missionary or pioneer to serve God and that desire does not come automatically because nobody wants to do these jobs, especially when you are not sure you believe what you are supposed to be teaching, even if your parents are Christians. You have to MAKE yourself want to do these things that you don't want to do. Praying helps.'

• Southland
    Southland

Two questions:

1) Regarding "Printed in Britain" at the end - I know that United Kingdom is all of the territories, but can someone (again) explain the difference between England and Britain? I thought it was Great Britain?

2) Does the London office have their own approval process for literature, or would this have had to been "blessed" by the Brooklyn headquarters?

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

What a load of poo

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think there is a country called 'Britain' ... Great Britain, yes, but not 'Britain' (although I could be wrong, lol)

Here is a page about it: http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/muk.html

• SYN
    SYN

SICKENING! And to think, if certain thoughts hadn't cropped up in my mind a coupla years back, I'd probably be in Bethel now! THE HORROR!

• Bang
    Bang

What should young people do? - Be wiser than serpents !

The serpent begins by repeating God's own words : "don't go after riches" , and we identify the good advice (Indeed, has God said, 'You shall not eat from any tree...).

Then to inject the poison; "do not be an educated professional, all they really want is money ".

Serpent to English translates as, "We're not supposed to like money, and people who are professionals are given quite a bit of it. Instead of working hard to be a professional and helping others out by giving them the money, we'll just hate and accuse the brainy professionals instead. Nevertheless, not being able to read and write has been an obvious embarrasment in front of the world, so finish high school so you can run a small business and other people won't call us names."

Bang

Edited by - Bang on 12 July 2002 1:54:16

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I got this along with the other "latest" lbooks (more regurgitated Tower garbage.) I was going to type it all up and post it...

"Serving Jehovah is the very best way to use your life. Why not set a personal goal of serving Jehovah full time?"

Golly gosh darn gee wiz, the very best totally iotilly way 'eh?

"Sometimes brothers with special skills are invited to serve at Bethel." ------ It's fantastic, the routine is challenging, but I've received a lot of blessings serving here!

Only men.. just like Catholic priests... frustrated with no women... And blessed how? Working like a dog for pay that does not even pass for a 15 year old kid's weekly movie allowance, no long-term benefits... no life... makes me ill...

"The bible, however, warns young people that pursuing material success is nothing more than striving after the wind." For one thing, few young ones go on to attain riches and fame. Those who do often find themselves bitterly disillusioned. "

Nobody said people go to college and get jobs to be rock stars... get realistic here WT... *rolls eyes*

But just how do you get the best out of your life? The media and your peers, perhaps even your teachers, may say that it comes by earning a lot of money and enjoying some pretigious career--being a success!"

THE SHOCK -- the HORROR - contact the presses, our teachers are pushing our children to have successful lives!!! OMG, being a success is BAD BAD BAD... gimmie a break... where is the puke bag...

"True, a job can sometimes bring wealth and recognition. But it cannot satsfy your spiritual need."

WTF? Are they discouraging holding down any type of WORK? I MEAN HELLO!!! A JOB IS KINDA NEEDED TO FEED YOURSELF DUMAZZES!!! Or at least put gas in the 'ole pioneer mini-van.

Dedication involves 'disowning yourself.' You may forsake some personal goals and ambitions and 'seek first the kingdom of God.' Dedication and baptisim thus open up many opportunites. Let's consider some of them.

The opportunites then go on to highlight only ---

1) Pioneering

2) Missionary Service

3) Minsiterial Training School

4) Bethel Service

Ok, I am not going to comment... OK I WILL... 2, 3 and 4 are mostly for men, and 1 is almost impossible with out some good funding... which is impossible without a decent job... and according to this they are discouraging working --- what else is new. What kind of opportunituy is THIS CHIT? The pompus gluttony of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society boggles my mind...

If it wasn't for that stupid cult I would have been a doctor by now. Whole mess makes me sick... really SICK!!!

Moe - Of the pizzed off at the Tower Class

Edited by - MrMoe on 12 July 2002 3:3:39

• SYN
    SYN

Couldn't agree more, Moe, luckily I didn't allow the cult to influence me enough to stop me from getting onto the career track I wanted to be on...thank goodness...

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

SYN -- but you have smarts -- the average Joe that leaves the dubs that may have droped out of high school to pioneer does not have a prayer in the REAL world... You and I are lucky, and left at an early age... Even then, I would be a Doctor by now if it were not for that religion...

Kisses,

Moe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit