Youths - How Will You Waste Your Life?

by Simon 32 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

Is this brochure published for the District Conventions this year for all the conventions?

If so then my youngest kids (13) and (11), will be coming home with it.

Thanks for the warning.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

avengers --- Yes, it is the latest release form the last District Convention. It will likely become voted the newest official bird cage poopie liner for apostates everywhere...

Kisses,

Moe

• Latte
    Latte

This brochure sounds ever-so familiar to the 1969 rubbish that was printed. I wonder if the stadiums echoed as the speaker introduced it?

Make no mistake, these printed words will cause some to adjust their lives. My friend told me that her sons now intend to sell their business (which has only just become very much a success).and pioneer, I reckon mainly because of the words on this brochure. I almost had a heart attack!! The hammering of the thought of PERSECUTION at the assembly would of helped also....sad..sad.

2002 10.07 Besides, 1John 2:17 warns that the world is passing away Even so if you were to attain success in this world, it would be short-lived

1969 (AWAKE) May 22 15}}

Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way towards its finish, if not actually gone!

My husband and I were told, "Whatever you do, don't get a Mortgage" That was 18yrs ago! It would of been a HUGE mistake not to of gotten one!

Latte...gone to bang head on table

Edited by - Latte on 12 July 2002 5:47:2

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Latte = Thansk for sharing!!!!!!!!! Sick, isn't it? In 1969 I wasn't even born yet, thank God my parents ignored the rules and got jobs and stuff...

Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

Edited by - MrMoe on 12 July 2002 6:0:35

• Room 215
    Room 215

It's incredible that the WTS has made transformed fiscal/fiancial irresponsibility into a virtue. If you kepp the copies of Our Kingdom Ministry, check out the September 2001 edition. By denigrating prudent JWs who accumulate a ``rainy day'' cash reserve, they actually imply that it's spiritually meritorious to live from paycheck to paycheck! All this great advice from people who likely have never made a mortgage payment, written a check for the rent, paid off a car, filled up a shopping cart with groceries, maybe don't even have a checking account, or ever really supported themselves, much less a wife and/or children.

Alas, been there, done that. Thanks to having swallowed similar advice as a teenager, I came out of Bethel at 28 years of age with marriage in prospect and not as much as two nickels to rub together. Thank God I woke up in time to reclaim the rest of my life!

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Don't cha just LOVE the way that they make it sound like the Docs that treat the GB and the Lawyers that crusade for WTS court victories just fall out of the trees? Where in the HELL do they think these people come from? Who taught them to run the first printing presses? Who figured out their precious MEPS computers? College Grads...all of them. This is such BS to make those who choose to actually plan for their futures look like some kind of lesser person. This is just the kind of WT bullshit that makes me sick. I, through circumstances I won't go into, was at the morning session of the convention when they announced this tract's release. I had to get up and meander the halls in preference to sitting there listening to this kind of tripe. Of course, I was joined by all the future 'dub college students who also were meandering the halls cruisin' for chics, (or dudes as the case may be).

I later asked my 'dub wife...(a college grad herself) about this. I know it's something she definitely disagrees with the WT on. She says her thinking on this is that most that the 'dubs recruit these days aren't exactly college material. Not the sharpest tools in the shed, if you know what I mean. They direct this stuff at this class of people because they are afraid that the very same trait of being succeptable to WTS party lines, will cause them to be succeptable to this "worldly" thinking and thereby the tearing down of their faith, and eventually the loss of their eternal life.

I thought this was a plausible explanation that bears more thought. This says lots about the quality of people that the WTS targets for their message.

Just some random thoughts...

Coon

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I thought the WTS was downsizing....why are they still encouraging Bethel Service?

• Imbue
    Imbue

Zenpunk says:

I thought the WTS was downsizing....why are they still encouraging Bethel Service

Now, they want all the ones that didn't listen and went to college.

Zenpunk you are now be eligible for Bethel service with your degree.

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

Logically, I know that I shouldn't still be hung up on this. It's been years since I've left and I've been at a decent, well paying job for the last ten years, but this subject still burns me up every single time I let myself think about it.

I can't even recall how many times we were discouraged from getting any form of higher education. Any of the brothers and sisters who bucked the trend and went on to college were considered less than worthy by the people in the congregation...sad to say, myself included. Now, I only wish I had followed their lead.

Thanks for that quote from the 1969 Awake article, Latte. I wonder how many countless individuals might have actually known the joy of doing what they love for a living had they ignored the 'loving advice' provided.

Brian

• sisteract
    sisteract

MAN, READING THAT BULL SH@#--I MEAN TRACT--MADE ME SICK TOO. I WAS RECRUITED AT 20 WHEN GOING TO SCHOOL. GUESS WHAT I DID? WELL I WON'T KEEP YOU WAITING. I QUIT AND PIONEERED--SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!!! AFTER "SERVING GOD" AS A PIONEER AND BEING MARRIED TO AN ELDER AND PIONEER WITH ALL THE "PRIVILEGES" , I REALIZED IT WAS CRAP AND NOT THE TRUTH. I FOUND MYSELF IN MY MID 30'S TRYING TO FIND A JOB AND SUPPORT MYSELF. PUTTING DOWN PIONEERING DOESN'T DO MUCH ON A RESUME. BUT I'VE SURVIVED AND AM TRYING TO FURTHER MY EDUCATION. I'VE BEEN ON MY OWN NOW FOR 4 YEARS AND THANKS TO ALL THE "WORLDLY, SATANIC, AND APOSTATE PEOPLE", I'VE GOTTEN SOME GREAT SUPPORT. I LOVE THIS SITE AND AM STILL KIND OF NEW HERE, BUT I ENJOY IT AND OFTEN FIND IT THERAPEUTIC TO VISIT THIS SITE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit