Did the 1914 Generation Die Anyway?

by JanH 45 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks Jan, may I add my congratulations on an excellent post I hope one or two lurking J Ws may get the point.

Looking back I believe that the WT of '95 was the start of my pulling away from the WT , just like a few others.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

This statement is so absurd it says a lot about the numb state of the JWs' minds that it can be uttered without an uproar of protest.

Man! I remember the day this magazine arrived like it was yesterday. I had only been a baptized JW for 1.75 years. But the whole basis for the pressure I received to get baptized was the "Generation Teaching." All the "friends" drilled it into me that I knew enough, that my babies would be killed by God, that the generation was about to die.

All along I had doubts. I looked around at all the mindless-ness around me. NO ONE in my congregation seemed affected in the least. And then when the new understanding of the sheep and the goats article came out WHOAH! You shoulda heard the "friends" when I said I had already believed that anyways. lol

I guess my husband is right: I was never really JW.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Thanks alot Jan. Never having been a JW, sometimes I'm totally clueless at some of the posts on this board regarding JW doctrine. Your post clarified a lot of what was missing in my understanding. You must have really researched this...it shows.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I remember when I first read this some 5 years ago. Jan, you should post every old AATW page.

• Kismet
    Kismet

Jan:

Excellent article. thanks for reposting it.

May I post it on H20? (full acknowledgement of its source, of course)

Kismet

• JanH
    JanH

Thanks folks!

Kismet,

But of course!

Cyg,

Watch this space

- Jan

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

This is worth reading a second day

• outnfree
    outnfree

OFF TOPIC: Joy - What? You're taking cam shots of your patients' flowers now? LOL Do you change them when they wilt?

Jan,

This will be very valuable to lurkers here. I do like the fact that when I need to call it up again, I can just search under your member name and find it under posts started by JanH. (Thanks, Simon.)

1995 was the beginning of my exit, too. And BlueSapph? The sheep and goats thing got me, too. I said -- but that's what mainstream Christians believe already! I did clarify my understanding of both things in my last elder meeting, just to make sure I understood the 'new light' properly . And then I DA'd myself.

's, Jan,

Out

• reporter
    reporter

And where is Jan Haugland today? Not on this board.

• JT
    JT
    Excellent stuff Jan! 1995 was the defining moment for me, I think. After that, nothing they said could be accepted on trust by me. Even though it took several more years, my exit was determined in November 1995.

Expatbrit

excellent point nove 1995 is when i left wt even though it was 98 when i turned in my flock book and left my last meeting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit