Did the 1914 Generation Die Anyway?

by JanH 45 Replies latest jw friends

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    It's like the Society can cause a reboot in peoples brains so they forget old 'truth' and replace it with new 'truth'.

Too bad their brains couldn't get automatice Virus protection, and just not accept the reboot!!!

McAfee virus warning: You've been exposed to the JW/blinkingLight virus: Choose your option:

(Abort download) (shutdown) (continue anyway) (disable virus protection) (short out brain cells that cause dissention) (stand up for what you know is BS)

ROFL!

Edited by - itsjustlittleoldme on 11 July 2002 11:21:52

Edited by - itsjustlittleoldme on 11 July 2002 11:24:36

• JT
    JT

Excellent stuff Jan! 1995 was the defining moment for me, I think. After that, nothing they said could be accepted on trust by me. Even though it took several more years, my exit was determined in November 1995.

Expatbrit

#########

I agree 110% - this was the crack in the dike for me as well

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

EXCELLENT!!!! = outstanding value-merit-or virtue-choice-select-superior-valuable-fine.

your hard work and time spent on this is appreciated.

• dmouse
    dmouse
    Too bad their brains couldn't get automatice Virus protection, and just not accept the reboot!!!

LOL! Yeah, unfortunately one of the conditions of becoming a bOrg drone is that the anti-virus (common sense) option is disabled.

Watchtower: We are pleased to provided 'Truth' version 3.01. This version is a new improved version and upon install will delete out of date files. Please ignore any future references to 'Truth' version 3.00.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Excellent information!

The WTS has gone from "millions now living will never die" (implying ALL the Jehovah's Witnesses in good standing.) to saying....

That the "generation" that will not pass away is the WICKED people who see the signs of the end and "don't mend their way.." (?)

A complete reversal!

Who do they think they are? Makes me so mad.. those shameless liars.

THANK YOU FOR EXPOSING them in simple and logical way.

How true the saying:

"New light today" is old lie tomorrow

• SYN
    SYN

Brilliant post, JanH! Very interesting - and also, more importantly, QUITE damning!

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

JanH......Great stuff and so right on. I think maybe the GovBody got ahold of some of those little flashy things that make your memory disappear (as used by Men in Black). They just hold them up on the platform before they read us the latest letter from Brooklyn..."Brothers & Sisters, can we have your attention please. The loving provisions provided by the Faithful & Descreet Slave are many and this evening we are pleased to read you the following letter from the Governing Body" ( FLASH ! !! ). (New Light & nobody is the wiser).

-BONEZZ

Hey, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get me.

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

Great, Great, Great Post!!!! I was a weak Dubby at that time. November 1995 sent me over the edge reading "apostate stuff" and so on. I never will forget my conversations about this with the elders. One said to me "I am going to grow old and die in this system of things but being a JW is a comfortable place for me" The second said "When you die it's like falling asleep and then you wake up" THAT was the first thing he said to me when I asked him what he thought of the Society's change. The third said to me, "It's not really a big change at all". I said "what do you mean "not a big change"? If I was to ask you 6 months ago what JW's believe that would be one of the things that you would mention" He didn't know what to say.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Great post Jan!

I am going to send it to some "friends." Thank you for the research and documentation.

Tina

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Great post/research, Jan. As a DA'd JW (raised as such), this to me was always the ONE doctrine they'd have to slip up on: they'd have to do some fancy footwork to get out of their ludicrous, but CLEARLY documented claims. Time's a tickin... I've been sort of casually following their lame explanations.

LOL, I remember when the stupidity really hit home with me: I was with my die-hard JW mom on a "bible study". The woman she was studying with obviously wasn't high in brain power (partly from drug use history, and partfly from, who knows). But just sitting there listening to my mom try to define the concept of what a "generation" meant a la WTS. Suddently, I burst out laughing (inside). It sounded so incredibly....stupid. And hearing my mom try to explain it to someone who couldn't even remotely grasp the concept, along with the sheer stupidity of it all...was just too much...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit