Does anyone here workout on a regular basis?

by Leander 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

I used to be able to eat anything and not gain weight but now that I have children and turned 31, I have to skip desert occasionally or it will catch up with me. I try not to drink anything with sugar and stay pretty active.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I work out and also hold a black belt in martial arts, so I train and teach that as well

• gambler
    gambler

I was working out about 5 times a week in the gym. But I have done little in the past month or so.I am starting to get layer of fat that is to big for my liking.I am going to start up again after I get settled from all the rat racing I have ben doing.I just moved to a different town and today I just got a new job in the twin cities so I get to move all over agin in a month or two.But I will try not to let my workouts suffer.

• gambler
    gambler

LB you are right that cardio is very healthy for you but if you want to mold and shape your body you must weight train.I think bill phillips said it best "If you are fat and pear shaped and you start only doing cardio you will just end up looking like a smaller pear.I is always best to combine all three fitness elaments ,diet,cardio and weights.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

LOL@Jack2

Looks like we weren't the only ones to get inspired!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=31806&site=3

WildTurkey read your post and got busy. LOL!

Plum

• 13th_apostate
    13th_apostate

for the past 5 or 6 years, I've averaged working out about 4 days a week. at my peak of working out, I was lifting 3 times a week and running about 2-3 miles on the opposite days. now I'm down to working out only 3 times a week. I was at one time 235 lbs. at my lightest I was 170 lbs. I got into swiming last summer and did that until classes started up. right now I'm at 183 and I feel comfortable. I do, however, wanted to drop about 5 lbs before we go off to vegas here in a month.

will

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

oi! i feel like such a SLACKER!!!

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

I bike between 50 and 100 miles a week, plus some weight training. 6' 1'', 260 lbs. - mostly solid

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I'm training for a marathon so I've got great legs (I've been told), but a relatively puny upper body I need to do some weights or something too so I don't look too disproportionate.

Edited by - funkyderek on 10 July 2002 16:49:44

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I gained a truckload of weight on my way out of the Watchtower. Nearly crested to 300 pounds. Now I'm in the 230's. I repeatedly injured myself lifting weights so I do yoga twice a week and the treadmill and bike four days a week. Would like to get under 200.

Nothing burns off stress like a great workout.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit