SEX SEX SEX SEX & MORE SEX

by Perfection Seeker 27 Replies latest social relationships

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

My parents told me just about everything possible by the time i wa 6 or so. Apparantly I was highly inquisitive :D

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

LOL @ naebs

that doesn't surprise me at all :P

• Xandria
    Xandria
    sex and relationships education, is the process of acquiring information and forming attitudes and beliefs about sex, sexual identity, relationships and intimacy. It is also about developing young people's skills so that they make informed choices about their behaviour, and feel confident and competent about acting on these choices. It is widely accepted that young people have a right to sex education, partly because it is a means by which they are helped to protect themselves against abuse, exploitation, unintended pregnancies, sexually transmitted diseases and HIV/AIDS

Either way .. if your child is determined to have sex they are going to regardless on what you say. I rather my child have the facts and be protected. Than come up later with an unhappy life and so on.

Sex education seeks both to reduce the risks of potentially negative outcomes from sexual behaviour like unwanted or unplanned pregnancies and infection with sexually transmitted diseases, and to enhance the quality of relationships. It is also about developing young people's ability to make decisions over their entire lifetime. Sex education that works, by which we mean that it is effective, is sex education that contributes to this overall aim.
    Viewing sex education as an on-going conversation about values, attitudes and issues as well as providing facts can be helpful. The best basis to proceed on is a sound relationship in which a young person feels able to ask a question or raise an issue if they feel they need to. It has been shown that in countries like The Netherlands, where many families regard it as an important responsibility to talk openly with children about sex and sexuality, this contributes to greater cultural openness about sex and sexuality and improved sexual health among young people .

I think many JW Parents are afraid to speak on this matter. B/c of a pre-conception that if they give them the facts they are going to do it. Or maybe, if they inform them about sex, the child or teen can protect him or herself from a sexual preditor ?

My question is what good are they think they are doing ? I know it would of made my wedding night less tense. Knowing what will occur helps relax you and be comfortable with what is going to happen.

What if you teen could not vocalize what was wrong with her "down" below b/c she was too shy ? Do they want us to not enjoy sexuality.. be like the old time puritans who did it with the lights off, and a hole in the sheet ? The whole thing doesn't make any sense to me.

Xandria

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

It is 3 or 4 in the morning, and can not sleep. I think it has something to do with that murder mystery i was reading.

Ring you and dustrabbit, made me laugh out loud. Sorry about your experiences , but God I remember having to read the old red youth book, on becoming a woman, man etc. It was so sick to have to sit in front of your dad and read that shit.

Poor dustrabbit, hopefully mom didnt break anything with the song book, just thank god she didnt slap the aid book on your lap!! ouuuuuuucccccccchhh

In my home, there was no sex talks, that was one of my dad's hangups I think. I noticed a big difference in the way he treated me when I started to hit puberty. He was always making sure I wasnt even looking at a boy, and no boy could look at me. He made me feel ashamed for thinking matt dillion was cute in the outsiders. I didnt say I wanted to have sex with him, or kiss him, or anything like that, he just heard me say it to my mom. Thank God she was not so rigid, she was good about telling me about my body, and cried when I started, she wasnt afraid of me becoming a woman , but my dad hated it. After i had been married for over a year, i found out I was pregnant and I was so embarrassed to tell him. That would mean I had to admit I had sex!!!!! I waiting a few weeks , but to this day it bothers me how I was afraid to tell him, even thou I was an "old married woman " . Go figure.

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Poor LE...gives a sypathetic pat on the shoulder...

Re the song book incident: Well, after that, I never got a stiffie in public ever again.

Added: Luckily, we were in the overflow basement room and in the back with a baby crying its head off...so I don't think too many people knew that this happened...but it was embarassing to say the least.

Edited by - dustrabbit on 9 July 2002 5:22:49

• SYN
    SYN

Read about it in a book when I was about 10...life was different after THAT...

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

SYN: How was it different, hmm? Inquiring minds want to know....

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Actually studies have shown the less kids know about sex the more likely they are not to use any kind of contreception. Hello babies and STD's--which if you think about it makes the Borg happy so then they can have the "we told you so attitude" In fact in their new little book they had something to that effect in one of the paragraphs about wrong doing. Basically saying, well if you're going to have sex it's a for gone conclusion you will have a baby or an STD.

Oh good lordy, as far as mom saying "disgusting" I can totally relate. No wonder so many witnesses have sexual disfunctions. My parents never talked about sex either, tho they did allow me to go to sex ed class. I never understood any parent who would remove their kid from sex ed. I don't think our not talking had much to do with dub-dom, I mean I am from the midwest--we're all very repressed regardless of our religious backgrounds. I think a lot of parents have a tough time talking to their kids about sex, but I do have to admit, dubs do have to take it that one step too far, as they usually do.

• SYN
    SYN

Dusty: It was just that I started looking at people in a different way - this was still some years before I hit puberty, but I knew what was, erm, potting, if you can excuse the pun. Things were just very different, and suddenly I understood a lot more about people in general, why they acted in certain ways. An epiphany, if you will!

Then, when my Dad sat me down to have "the talk" with me, he said, "So son, let's talk about sex," and I said, "Sure Dad, what would you like to know?" I've read up a bucketload of stuff about human sexuality and the biological side of it - it's just something that is immediately interesting. Hopefully all the reading has helped me avoid nasty STDs...then again, I've been very, very careful! It is possible to be safe AND raunchy at the same time.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I remember my mother gave me the sex talk AFTER I got married. All she said was "Remember, sometimes it's a nice thing to do to get on top once in a while..." LMFAO

Kisses,

Moe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit