Where else is there to go? Help!

by ISP 26 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

These people are pretty taken on the idea that God is somewhere...approving someone.....so if its not them .......who is it???! These insecurities however childish.....keep dubs in tow.

ISP

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

To go.....for what, exactly????? That's what I'd ask them.

That's a stupid, rhetorical question that (my guess is) they won't know quite how to answer. Make them define what their talking about. And then point out that many, many, many good, fine people don't feel the need to "go" anywhere "to" ANYONE in order to live meaningful, soul-full lives.

• COMF
    COMF

A circuit overseer (a man I respected very much, by the way, and still think of him with warmth) once told our congregation, "Are you wondering where people go when they leave the truth? Well, most of them just go home."

Hey... sounds like a plan to me.!

• nancee park
    nancee park

Those exiting the Watchtower can go to:

#1) Christ as an independent Christian

#2) Other exJWs and Friends associating mostly via the internet and in private homes http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jahchristian/pending Our informal fellowshipping is based on unity from LOVE (Colossians 3:14) rather than forced sameness of beliefs

#3) Some other church group hopefully moderate rather than high control, harsh and rigid meaning another dangerous cult

#4) Maybe some day a more formal group that exJW elders and servants could form, although don't hold your breath

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Englishman, you nailed that one:

It's THE JOURNEY that counts!!!

At one point when I was still active I allowed myself to realize that virtually EVERY SINGLE person in the "truth" that I'd EVER known was waiting to die.

Their lives - their day-to-day everyday stuff - consisted of enduring. Most of their suffering could have been instantly ameliorated or prevented if they'd actually tried to seek relief; unfortunately, they wouldn't even consider such a thing because it would have broken some talmudic edict or tradition among other jw's.

Also, it seemed to me that if someone was actually happy or successfully enjoying their careers, marriages, health... or were engaging in things to grow mentally, physically or intellectually, WELL! What about putting the 'kingdom first'? HAPPY people were SUSPECT. "This" life is SUPPOSED to be horrible. Martyrs were ADMIRED.

I was asked by an elder this same question when I expressed doubts about the organization - 'where else is there to go...?' I said I did not know, but I knew ENOUGH to know that something is NOT RIGHT about those guys in New York and if there WAS a TRUE way to worship, I would look for it elsewhere. The quality of my life in every respect immedately improved to such a degree that I'm still astonished.

Marilyn, your points are SO right on...

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

"Where else can you go" is about as lame a statement I have ever heard. Why is there a need to go anywhere in the first place? I don't see where any religion has God's favor over another. True, it is great to associate with those that believe as you do, but show me where the Bible says any one group is better than another.

So, in answer to the question posed, how about right here?

Lew W

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Might as well go for a soda nobody hurts and nobody cries
    Might as well go for a soda nobody drowns and nobody dies

• Solace
    Solace

My J.W. family said the same thing, "Well, what else is there? Where would I go?"

Who could blame them?

Witnesses are conditioned to be almost totally dependant on the organization. Missionaries pretty much are. If they leave, what would they do? Who would tell them what to think, how to pray, who to shun, what to read, what to eat, what to wear, how to be sexually intimate, what medical treatments to accept, how many hours to preach, etc. etc. etc.

• new boy
    new boy

Funny thats what 90 million NAZIS said living in Germany said in 1943!

Where not right, but we are damn sure no one else is either!

• mr party
    mr party

when i got out i joined a free adventure hiking ect group, and other activitys with other groups, bring a camera have somone take a picture with you in the group, when asked, show the pictures and say if i go back to the jws i'l have to leave all my friends. it works for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit