Education makes you leave God

by FusionTheism 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Heaven
    Heaven

Higher education is the reason my parents used to give their JW cronies when these people would ask my parents if I was baptized.

The funny thing is.... my parents never asked me why I would not get baptized. Hmmmm....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    lose their love for God.

Clever wording. They are not admitting to much here. Did you notice the weasel word? Yeah, 'often'.

Perhaps what they really mean is that education helps a person see that the WBT$ is a cult with paedophile lovers as ceos!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    This is one of many red flags about this cult. They claim god is so great and they are so amazing but the slightest breeze from education or a former member could undo it all??? There is something wrong there.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Religion maneuvers it's members through the Bible. How many Christians have actually read their Bible from cover to cover? Getting educated on what is actually in the Bible can also awaken a sleeping mind. Once you become familiar with scripture that is not so nice, you begin to form doubts.

One of my friends is Catholic and one agnostic bordering on atheism. I showed them...

Ezekiel 20:23: There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. - NIV

They were shocked that this was in the Bible. My Catholic friend said "I never knew that was in the Bible."

I told them I have a few more scriptures if they were interested. My Catholic friend was not. Uh huh.

• DJS
    DJS

FT,

What we feel, think or believe doesn't really matter. Empirical evidence suggests that smart people tend to be less religious and less likely to believe in god. Educated people tend to be less religious and less likely to believe in god. And smart, educated people? Duh.

Most of the recent scientific studies have found a negative correlation between I.Q. and religiosity. On the individual level, the education level is positively correlated with a belief in a God in African countries (for now, at least), and negatively correlated in Western countries.

It's called evolution.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They misspoke...education assists you leaving the JW religion. God ain't got nothing to do with it. Some of the most educated people in the world are active in some form of worship to a higher power.

Exactly.

But they always equate/confuse God & The Organization/Cult.

Doc

• done4good
    done4good

Generally speaking, the more fundamentalist, (i.e. black and white), a religion, the less educated and/or intelligent the membership. Religions that do manage to maintain an educated and intelligent base, only do so because they allow for a large amount of free thought. It is usually not too far a step from there to non-belief.

d4g

• sir82
    sir82

So, only the stupid are able to love God?

Their writings get crazier & crazier.

It smacks of desperation.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

The Society should send this gem to Christianity's universities and seminaries. The former Pope Benedict, a highly educated man, believes in God. Raymond Franz a self-educated man was a believer in God. Educated Christian ministers believe in God. Educated men from all walks of life believe in God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit