Education makes you leave God

by FusionTheism 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Quote from the Watchtower, Simplified Edition, September 2015, "How Can We Show That We Love Jehovah?"

higher education often makes them lose their love for God.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    11 Today, Jehovah teaches us a lot about himself, his purpose, his creation, and his Word. The world encourages people to learn, but higher education often makes them lose their love for God. In contrast, Jehovah not only wants us to have knowledge, but he also helps us to be wise. He wants us to use what we learn for our own good and to help others. (Proverbs 4:5-7) For example, he wants us to share the “accurate knowledge of truth” with others and to help them to be saved. (1 Timothy 2:4) We show our love for Jehovah and for people by teaching as many as possible about God’s Kingdom and what it will do for mankind.Read Psalm 66:16, 17.

Paraphrased: Higher education makes one free from the clutches of the WT corporation's delusionally based CEOs and thus we lose a corporate lackey whom we can entice into a free labor source and regular contributions. You will no longer engage in corporate inspired form propaganda distribution and new membership will dry up from which we can exploit. We show love for the Jehovah/corporation by helping people join/baptized so we can fleece them like sheep headed for the slaughter house with disfellowshipping if they don't always conform/listen&obey and produce fleece.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    The fun thing would be to know whether that is cause or effect. It seems to be true so far as it goes as a general statement. The more education you get, the less likely you are to be a fundamentalist over religion - or even to be religious at all. But is that the effect of education, or that people who go through with education are more open to new experiences and so are more willing to throw aside beliefs which no longer make sense to them? My parents put the blame for me leaving on going to university, but the blunt truth is that I was never a believer and university just gave me the space to make choices. See enough of those who leave who then pursue a university degree to make me wonder whether the WT's assumption is too simplistic.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    More double speak, proverbs chapter 4 is all about how great wisdom is. Yet they are also correct, once I became educated I learned that the first God the Hebrews worshipped was a cannaanite God named El. They also stole stories like the Noah's flood story from older cultures involving many God's. They the Hebrews never worshiped one God in fact there's evidence they worshiped El, baal, Asherah, RA, Enki, Marduk and up in to the 5th century Ad Helios. Education has made me a non believer.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Just like the beginning of the bible. Knowledge pisses yhwh off.
  • talesin
    talesin

Exactly. It's the 21st century; it's the age of information. How can you love something that you know is a fiction? Except in the sentimental way that you love Tinkerbell or Santa, even though, as a grown-up, you know they are not real.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    The world encourages people to learn, but higher education often makes them lose their love for God.

Not often I agree with the cult but this time they are spot on. There's a reason for that, a spanking good reason why God diminishes as people get better educated . . .

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Well if that is true. Then what about the Mormon church. They are bigger and richer than the JWS, although I do concede they have a more outrageous belief system. They fund universities and encourage higher learning, and although they have much the same issues as witnesses e.g internet, they are still performing better than the witnesses. If this was true then the Mormon church would be loosing more members than the JWS.
  • clarity
    clarity

education often makes them lose their love for God.

No kidding ............ because it exposes that it is all a fricking lie!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Quote from the Watchtower, Simplified Edition, September 2015, "How Can We Show That We Love Jehovah?"

higher education often makes them lose their love for God.

More Uneducated WBT$ BullShit..

Education makes you "Question the Existence of God"..

Many well educated people Believe in God..

When you don`t have an an education..You make stupid comments like the one above..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit