Education makes you leave God

by FusionTheism 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

They misspoke...education assists you leaving the JW religion. God ain't got nothing to do with it. Some of the most educated people in the world are active in some form of worship to a higher power.

Personally, I don't do opium in any form.

• steve2
    steve2
    The Watchtower inadvertently speaks a universal truth: The better educated people are, the less likely they are to succumb to superstitious beliefs.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    joe134cd
    Well if that is true. Then what about the Mormon church. They are bigger and richer than the JWS, although I do concede they have a more outrageous belief system. They fund universities and encourage higher learning, and although they have much the same issues as witnesses e.g internet, they are still performing better than the witnesses. If this was true then the Mormon church would be loosing more members than the JWS.

If that's the case, then there is only one other explanation------The WT is full of Shi**!!!!
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I'll have to mention that for me when I finally went to seek a higher education, that Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's gig was already up. I was just looking for a way to get out of it. I recognized that their "admonition" about education was flawed, although initially, I didn't realize that I would eventually reject so many of their teachings (practically all).

However, even a simple business degree education taught me the key elements of critical thinking. I already had serious doubts about the teachings of WTBTS and had experienced the backside of not having a formal education. Quite frankly, I didn't believe all that "mumbo jumbo" that WTBTS was dispensing as "food at the proper time" because most of it was smelly, rotting, spoiled food even before it was printed. But after putting the different elements of critical thinking together and investigating WatchTower's history, I was able to see that they were totally full of Bull Butter, (I'm trying to be nice).

I made my exit plan and was successful. Thank someone, (ok, let's thank Simon and others)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Education makes you doubt or abandon the WTBTS's version of YHWH thought-form.

They will never admit that, of course. It's bad for business.

DD

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The world encourages people to learn, but higher education often makes them lose their love for God.

There's another saying, "ignorance is bliss." In my case, ignorance was bliss for Watchtower Corp because I was a drone that would do whatever the JW clergymen told me. But it wasn't bliss for me. The cognitive dissonance was slowly and painfully killing me.

For me, "higher education" opened up to me "the truth". What WT had been teaching me turned out to be rubbish. And while I stopped attending JW cult brainwashing sessions at the same time I pursued worldly higher education, it wasn't really the higher education that made me lose whatever love for god I had. The fact that WT was nothing but lies and they claimed to be channeling the voice of god, how could I have any love for god after that?

Nope, don't blame my disbelief in god on higher education. WT Corp gets full credit for proving to me that GOD is simply an acronym for Grinding Oppression and Disillusionment.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Where will the watchtowel get there money from? low income sheeple can barely afford to live, much less pay there golden calf.

what a cult....I JUST WISH THEY WOULD GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• steve2
    steve2

Religious claims thrive on ignorance. Education destroys those claims.

The Watchtower needs to warn about the dangers of education.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

higher education often makes them lose their love for God - not so. Higher ed teaches one how to think, not what to think. There are extremely intelligent people, professors, doctors, who also have faith - Dr David Kelly (who did his doctorate at Oxford) springs to mind.

So, what would make them lose their love for God? Being forced into field service in all weathers? Being told they're never good enough? Not being allowed to join other clubs or organisations?

• done4good
    done4good

Higher education teaches you how to think, not what to think. Religions teach the opposite. Once a person knows how to think, it is only a matter of time and circumstance before they wake up and exit. It took me 11 years after graduation, but it happened.

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit