McKinney Texas pool party?

by Marvin Shilmer 305 Replies latest social current

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

If in that instance you refused such an order, in the USA you'll more than likely find yourself being handled to the ground, and if you resist in the slightest you'll probably find yourself cuffed

So glad I don't live there! Seems such a nasty Orwellian, totalitarian police state, I cannot understand why people are pro such a system.

Have anyone defending the cop's actions thought that people don't obey them blindly as they have no respect for them. You have cops in america murdering people on an almost weekly basis these days, is it any wonder?

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

"You drive on public roads and I'm pretty sure the police can pull you over."

Maybe in the US, in the UK they cannot unless they suspect you of a crime and have good reason (that they can back up) to do so.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Getting to a public sidewalk isn't like getting across the border. If you've been trespassing and being a nuisance then it doesn't matter if you 'get to the public sidewalk'. You can be arrested in public areas whether you commit a crime there or have arrived there after committing a crime on someone else's property.

That's true. In the MckKnney pool party incident, if privately owned property was properly posted with No Trespassing signs then anyone who breached the directive on that sign was subject to arrest for criminal trespassing whether law enforcement eventually found them on that private property or other public property. The crime had already taken place, and so long as there was sufficient evidence charges could be sustained.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Cops murdering people on a weekly basis???? .....i just cant. Im going to slowly back away from the insanity. Maybe get something productive done instead of arguing on the internet. I wish you a happy day. I will check back in on the insanity when ive earned a paycheck
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    So glad I don't live there! Seems such a nasty Orwellian, totalitarian police state, I cannot understand why people are pro such a system.

I guess we can only wonder why annually so many millions of folks want to emigrate to the USA from just about every quadrant of the world. Even when it means crossing the border illegally and living a life on the lamb, so many want to come here. Yes. It must really, really be bad by comparison.

Like I said before, we can either vote or find some other government we want to live under. Otherwise our best option is to vote and work the best we can with the system that's in place. Anyone who does not understand this will live a needlessly hard life.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

Yes Morpheus, the cops only go after The Bad Guys (TM), and all the videos constantly being posted of them shooting unarmed individuals repeatedly are just CGI. I am crazy, L!L!LLQLLALOLOL@%^@@^&@

Enjoy yourself!

• zombie dub
    zombie dub
    LOL Marvin, people emigrating from Mexico doesn't change the fact that most of the rest of the world looks at the USA as a far from desirable society. Where else can you be left on the sidewalk for dead by an ambulance if you don't have the right insurance. The american dream!
  • Billyblobber
    Billyblobber
    like you I grew up in one of thee worst cities in America , Newark NJ. I made it out and made a success of my life as well. However I would never be so arrogant as to insinuate that because I did everyone else could. With anyone all it takes is one bad mistake to keep someone from moving ahead.

I also grew up in one of the worst cities in America (and have seen cops detail and assault people for no reason, personally), and also made it out, and would take what you said a step further - any part of me that is a success, including my personal effort, is still based on luck of the draw (my effort being rewarded where other peoples' weren't, me happening to meet the right people at the right time, etc.).

I just shake my head at the bootstraps/personal responsibility crowd. There have been many cases where I know I started lower than some of the same people claiming that, worked harder, and achieved more, and yet I'm still not ignorant enough to deny that all that is still just a coinflip and with one minor changed circumstance, I could have ended up on the streets or something. I think a big part of it is that, starting so "low" on the totem pole, you tend to meet more peers who have as much or more potential than you growing up, who never realized it just due to the wrong thing at the wrong time. People that start of relatively middle, or who completely leave their pasts behind on leaving to not SEE things like that as much, tend to just not make that connection, I guess.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    There have been many cases where I know I started lower than some of the same people claiming that, worked harder, and achieved more, and yet I'm still not ignorant enough to deny that all that is still just a coinflip and with one minor changed circumstance, I could have ended up on the streets or something. I think a big part of it is that, starting so "low" on the totem pole, you tend to meet more peers who have as much or more potential than you growing up, who never realized it just due to the wrong thing at the wrong time.

That's very true. Because our best opportunity lay in working hard and working smart does not mean working hard and working smart guarantees a good opportunity. Life is a cold, hard thing. Individuals are born into this world selfish and for the most part we go through life with a strong sense of self-preservation (and gratification!) as a first priority.

Collectively humans have, over the years, attempted to construct a wide variety of social spheres called "government" aimed at improving opportunities for whatever citizens are party to that sphere. But it remains the case that no social sphere (read: government in this case) is able to deliver "fair" to everyone's satisfaction for an infinite number of reasons, one being that what is perceived as fair to one person/community is not perceived as fair by another person/community.

Our personal best option lay in opting to live under whatever government we can that, in our view, represents the most in terms of "fair" and then choose to live there, participate as a citizen there and work with whatever that system offers as best we can.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

"I think a big part of it is that, starting so "low" on the totem pole, you tend to meet more peers who have as much or more potential than you growing up, who never realized it just due to the wrong thing at the wrong time. People that start of relatively middle, or who completely leave their pasts behind on leaving to not SEE things like that as much, tend to just not make that connection, I guess."

I understand your point exactly. I know so many people who did everything right avoided everything detrimental. They get shot. A parent falls ill. A parent gets arrested. They get raped. Put in jail for crimes they didn't commit. The list could go on and on and on. Like you said, luck is what allowed me to actually get to the age where I could get out of a bad situation. The arrogance of anyone to suggest that everyone in the ghetto is there because of their own desire or bad decisions is ridiculous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit