McKinney Texas pool party?

by Marvin Shilmer 305 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Here's the day the cop had:

The police officer filmed in a confrontation with black teenagers at a pool party in Texas was acting out of stress, not racism, says his lawyer.

Eric Casebolt resigned from the police force and his actions were described as "indefensible" by his former boss.

His lawyer, Jane Bishkin, told reporters on Wednesday he was not targeting minorities but he was over-emotional after a traumatic day.

Community leaders in McKinney want criminal charges brought against him.

The video showed the officer throwing a girl in a bikini to the ground, then pulling a gun on other bystanders.

At a press conference on Wednesday his lawyer, Jane Bishkin, said Mr Casebolt is aware that his emotions "got the better of him" during a difficult shift.

He and his family are now in hiding due to death threats.

Before arriving at the pool party Mr Casebolt had responded to a suicide call where a black man shot himself in the head in front of his wife and children.

The suicide occurred "poolside", said Ms Bishkin, and the officer took statements from the family, photographed the body and consoled the man's widow.

Next he responded to a second suicide call where a teenage girl was threatening to jump from the roof of her parents' home.

"The nature of these two suicide calls took an emotional toll on Eric Casebolt," said Ms Bishkin, a lawyer for the Fraternal Order of Police.

When he was called to a community swimming pool after reports of a fight and anti-social behaviour, he was stressed, she said.

But he wasn't targeting minorities and he apologises to all who were offended, she added.

"He also detained a white female, who you do not see on the video," said Ms Bishkin.

At a news conference on Tuesday, McKinney police chief Greg Conley condemned Mr Casebolt's actions and said the other 11 officers who attended did an excellent job.

The girl at the centre of the incident, 14-year-old Dajerria Becton, told the Texan broadcaster KDFW: "Him getting fired isn't enough."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33085013

Wow. I guess the little bitch think's she deserves a pay-day for her behavior.

And death threats? For what? This is the sort of shit the cops have to put up with and now they get no support from the people who should have their back. I wonder why they do it but I'm glad they do.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark
    "Ah, the old "you're not from these parts so you can't possibly have a valid opinion" argument. I think I have a pretty good understanding of US history."

You do not Simon. You have a surface level understanding of American History and even less of an understanding of life in America for minorities. This is obvious to everyone not afraid to tell you

No, because I don't believe they are the same issues. Some may be similar but there are fundamental differences. The most important accomplishment, the ability to vote, has unfortunately been squandered and votes wasted on poor choices.
    There is not the institutionalized racism of 60 years ago but I don't doubt that some believe it's still there and interpret every event with the assumption that it is.

Let us act as if the right to vote was the single most important issue minorities faced 60 years ago. It is still a problem now do to horrific policies JUST LIKE THOSE IN BALTIMORE prevented minorities from living in certain neighborhoods. That forced them into ghettos. Not being allowed to obtain mortgages. up until last year the government had to step in in a number of states because electoral maps were being manipulated so that the black and hispanic votes amounted to nothing. Then you also have the voter ID laws etc... So there are still a number of issues with local government and voting rights.

We look at a recent study that was done with thousands of resumes with obvious African American names vs ones with obvious white names. Exact same schools, exact same qualifications. The only difference were the obvious names. The black resumes received 50% fewer call backs. So having a name that sounds black puts you at a 50% disadvantage in America. All those poor white guys named Leroy and Jamal.

There are a number of other issues to touch on but there is not enough space here.

I guess only white people can ever do wrong. If only we were black, then we'd be right and it would all be the fault of slavery, whatever the issue.

Nope everyone does wrong. Like those kids that broke laws at the pool party that were black...even though there were some white ones who did as well. KIDS will be KIDS. That woman was out in the street. A grown woman was fighting a 14 year old. I saw two young black kids pulling the out-of-control black girl away trying to stop the fight. However Albritton-Carver a grown decides that instead of trying to just break up the fight this grown woman punches a child in the back of the head 2 times and she used racially charged language on video. She works for a company(CoreLogic) home loans etc... In this country there was an issue with banks IN THIS COUNTRY racially discriminating against African Americans and Latinos in home mortgage lending I know you may not believe that this happened but yeah it kinda did. Remember those same problems we talked about that you don't seem to understand. ANYWAY why would any financial institution want to employ someone like that in light of THIS countries history of discrimination. She abused a child that wasn't hitting her, she used vulgar racial terms that should not come out of her mouth, much less on camera. You think she should keep her job? I remember a lot of you were saying Adrian Peterson was bad bad man for using that switch and should not be in the NFL so why should this woman keep her job?

If you look at nearly every place touched by the slave trade you still see minorities of all shades being discriminated against in one way or another. These people that have any African in their blood are still digging their way out of a hole. Why is that. I know you think by and large all people with that blood in their veins just bring these issues on themselves but after half a millennium of slavery and then institutionalized racism you think that somehow in 1960's the playing field was leveled. Look at the disdain you have for people.

Why would anyone believe that if you received the resumes of Jamal Rashaad Simmons and a Todd Wentworth both with the same qualifications you would give the former the same chance?

• paulmolark
    paulmolark
    SIMON - "Wow. I guess the little bitch think's she deserves a pay-day for her behavior."

Wow, so now you have gone from referring to a 14 year old child a THUG/CRIMINAL/ASSHOLE to a BITCH?

You really are stepping it up Simon. I am not familiar with British culture or anything, but is it customary to refer to minors as BITCHES? Stay classy my friend... stay classy

""He also detained a white female, who you do not see on the video," said Ms Bishkin."

He should have since the initial fight that the police got called for was because of a young white woman and an older white woman... from reports about a quarter of those at the party were white... Do you feel he should have only detained the black kids that were troublemakers. Again no one in this thread is upset that he got a hold of those performing criminal activities regardless of he race.

It is unfortunate that the police officer went to two suicide calls before this. That is his job though. Police go under serious mental evaluations before getting hired because they want individuals who will be able to balance these things and not cause previous stops to cloud their judgement. If a bus driver before arriving at work had a fight with his wife and then someone killed his dog and he was emotionally distraught and wasn't paying attention hit your daughter with a bus and broke her leg what would you say? Would you find out what happened that morning and then say, "Oh, it is o.k. he was going through some things" I don't think so.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Police officers are not baby sitters. They are called to a scene like this to intervene, restore order and protect public safety.

In this incident police were called to a scene, and then more police were called to the scene, and then more police were called to the scene. This could easily have escalated and folks could have been seriously injured, not because of police but because of why the police were called, and then more called, and then more called for after that. I don't think most here have the foggiest idea what it is like to be essentially parachuted in to a scene where you're surrounded by folks that include some obnoxious self-centered individuals, reported violence, and with no idea who's packing a weapon. Oh, and their job is to restore order and protect life.

Then we have a gal prancing around, being mouthy, failing repeatedly to follow the simplest of instruction to leave, then when she does basically leave she TURNS AROUND and starts walking right back! And it does not stop there. Now the officer she's defying attempts to detain her and what does she do? She resists. She does not sit down on her own. She does not roll over face down on her own. No. This poor gal had never been taught that in real life SHE is not the center of the universe and actions will have consequences.

What I saw in the McKinney pool party video is a clash of expectations. Police expected to have reasonable instructions obeyed. Teenage brats expected the police to respond just like their parents when reasonable instructions are disobeyed; nothing. The teenagers were wrong. The police are not their baby sitters like momma and daddy are. Parents of the unruly children should be holding their heads in shame, but more than likely will be interviewing lawyers to see which one can garner the biggest payday for them.

I think every police officer on that scene deserves a commendation, if for no other reason being willing to respond to sorry crap like this when we call them. Children of these police officers should hold their heads high, knowing their parents are willing to step up when called to do so. Oh, and it's not for a whole lot of money either that they do this.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

Marvin can you weigh-in on the little bitch. Is she indeed a little bitch?

Can you weigh in on the adult woman punching the child in the head when she wasn't involved in the fight instead of just pulling the big gal off the little gal like the two boys did?

Does anyone know if Casebolt has a past any charges with racial profiling etc...

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin can you weigh-in on the little bitch. Is she indeed a little bitch?

I'm not sure who you're asking me to comment on. Is it the bikini clad gal who failed to follow reasonable instruction over and over again to leave, and then when she did basically leave turned around and started walking right back to where she had been told to leave from? I think she's a misguided, self-centered brat who, probably for the first time in her life, met the cold hard reality that actions bring consequences and that police officers are not her babysitters.

Can you weigh in on the adult woman punching the child in the head when she wasn't involved in the fight instead of just pulling the big gal off the little gal like the two boys did?

I don't know what you're talking about. My observations in this discussion have been about the absolute sorry state of unruliness that we expect our police officers to intervene in, restore order and protect safety. If you're talking about the video of a fight that occurred prior to the police I haven't given it a lot of attention. I watched it a couple times and came away with the same impression each time, that it's just another incident of people not being able to contain themselves when they have only themselves to supervise. When these things happen my view is that both sides carry culpability, though perhaps not equal culpability. Fights like this are stupid. I have no idea who started what and don't really care.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

You know what Marvin. I respect the fact that you keep a calm head.

"I think she's a misguided, self-centered brat who, probably for the first time in her life, met the cold hard reality that actions bring consequences and that police officers are not her babysitters."

I can agree with 50% of this. maybe 55%. You seem to be a little more balanced here. I am sure it doesn't matter much but I literally have to say that

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Wow where does one start.... So much anger and nonsensical stawmen...

forced into ghettos in baltimore.... Wow. I guess i missed the roundup. The fences and barbed wire that keep them there. The armed guards.

No thats a hell of their own making. I grew up in an ubran ghetto. About a quarter of my HS graduating class is dead and another quarter locked up. But a lot of us got out. We made smart decisions and made no excuses. Life isnt perfect but we made something of it. Damn anyone who dosent take responsiblity for their own life.

As for for the little girl who got man handled.. She asked for it. Yep yep. Sure enough. Anyone from the block with half a brain knows thats when the police show up its time to go.... If they show up and tell you to leave and dont detain you you just got a free pass. Only a fool would keep mouthing off. Darwins law. She clearly isnt smart enough, either book smart or street smart, to be useful to society. Just what we need, another little spoiled brat feeling entittled to mouth off.. And tragically she wont learn a lesson from this. Fools like you will tell her it wasnt her fault. It was the system. And she will feel justified and do it again.

• Simon
    Simon

Seems like some want the police to be unemotional automatons.

No amount of training or evaluation will negate the fact that dealing with suicides and RTA's and other tragic incidents will take a heavy toll.

They obviously don't get to go home and get counselling after attending a serious incident. No, they are sent right out to the next one .... and the next one ... and the next one ...

But let's not give them any consideration at all. All that has to be reserved for the brat who can't follow simple orders who's been let out of the Gulag for the day to attend a pool party. Yes, she was obviously a victim of oppressive racism.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

Simon why has the young girl gone from a THUG/CRIMINAL/ASSHOLE/BITCH to a brat?

YES YOU MISSED IT - Take some time and read this.

http://www.npr.org/2015/05/06/404441478/troubled-neighborhoods-reflect-segregations-legacy-researcher-says

There was no need for armed guards and barbed wire. IT WAS INSTITUTIONAL.

What little girl are you referring to? Do you mean the little BITCH?

The young boy who filmed it gives a great overview as well since he was there.

So the mom that was fighting with the minor... she is just a nice mom that was fighting off the little bitch.

https://video-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xta1/v/t42.1790-2/11286291_445256015652390_263152074_n.mp4?efg=eyJxZSI6InZpZGVvX3ByZWZlcnJlZF90YWdzXzIwMTUwMTIxLHRoZV9sYXVuY2hlZCJ9&oh=cc55cd7bab4328394798fd8f57bf9748&oe=5579A12B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit