Ignorant Atheist Talk Show Host Destroyed by Agnostic Dr. Bart Erhman! Topic "Did Jesus and Paul exist?"

by MagicMItchJensen 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

A person could make a very good blog post out of all the regurgitated outdated claims made by atheists in this thread.

I think I'm gonna do that.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

FT

A person could make a very good blog post out of all the regurgitated outdated claims made by atheists in this thread.

What claims are outdated pray tell?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    FT wants some more attention it seems....
  • cofty
    cofty
    regurgitated outdated claims

Carrier only published his 700 page study last year.

Perhaps you should read it before you dismiss it.

• MagicMItchJensen
    MagicMItchJensen

Has anyone read the Conspiracy claims that Rome created Christianity to bring about peace and teach people "paying taxes is godly"? There is a writer without a phD, none of his works are peer-reviewed who claims Rome created the Christian religion in the First Century and Jesus and his Apostles never existed. He found some secret documents he planned on revealing to show how Governments used religion to pacify the masses (Sounds like he read Karl Marx) and make them honest instead of bloodthirsty thieves.

How can we use a source like Joseph Atwill if no recognized scholars and institutes give his work credence? One area professional debaters demand is their opponents have a certain amount of recognized education, that's why my favorite atheist-biologist debater won't take on hacks because he does not want to waste his time on pseudo-scholars even when offered $100,000 to debate someone he declined out of principle. The poison offered up by Joseph Atwill has leaked on to various circles and people are taking him at his word, why is that? Consistent standards need to be accepted by all parties engaging in conversation, pulling out weirdos without recognized works by authorities in the field is a waste of time. That's why the atheist-biology expert said when offered to debate someone without a phd, someone without peer-reviewed writings refused to engage him as the crank's view insulted his pioneering works in the field of evolutionary biology.

Here's Carrier's view on Atwill, Carrier recognizes how men like Atwill affect his works too.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/4664

• MagicMItchJensen
    MagicMItchJensen
    "

Atwill’s Cranked-up Jesus

Joseph Atwill is one of those crank mythers I often get conflated with. Mythicists like him make the job of serious scholars like me so much harder, because people see, hear, or read them and think their nonsense is what mythicism is. They make mythicism look ridiculous. So I have to waste time (oh by the gods, so much time) explaining how I am not arguing anything like their theories or using anything like their terrible methods, and unlike them I actually know what I am talking about, and have an actual Ph.D. in a relevant subject from a real university.

Note that I have divided this article into two parts, the second (titled “Our Long Conversation”) is something you can easily skip (see the intro there for whether reading it will be of any interest to you). So although this post looks extraordinarily long, it’s really that second part that gives it such length. You can just read up to the beginning of that section though. You don’t have to continue beyond that to get the overall point."

http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/4664

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2451087/American-Bible-scholar-claims-ancient-confessions-prove-story-Jesus-Christ-entirely-fabricated-Roman-aristocrats.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit