How Common is this amongst JW's?

by stevieb1 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• 13th_apostate
    13th_apostate

lack of love is the main reason I stopped going to the hall. I was never baptised, I was an approved associate. my mother was baptised when I was in the 8th grade. I won't go into my history with borg here because it is a big digression. but, when I was 20 my mom slipped and twisted her ankle really badly on the ice in the winter time. I had already moved out and i was still attending the hall. I was going to visit her. she was laid up for weeks. whenever I went to the hall, everyone was asking how my mom was. there was a MS from our cong living right ACROSS THE STREET from my mom and about three other dub families within a block radius. NOT ONE of them bother to check in on my mom. not a phone call or anything. that was the final straw for me. I stopped cold. and after associating for something like 7 years, 8 years, helping out by manning the mikes at meetings and being the book study reader for the book study that was two houses down from where I had moved out on my own at, after all of that, I think that a group of elders may have come by once. twice at best. made me sick that I had dealt with them as long as I did.

will

• termite 35
    termite 35

Nowfree;

I left Oct 2001 too ;I am STILL waiting for the promised answers to the UN cock up and the paedophile fiasco ;they said they'd call back with them...do you think they're trying to tell us something???!!!

Do you realise we may never get called on again?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

It's a VERY common problem. (Hi, Jesika - Christina here!) I haven't been to a meeting in over two months. The first month was because of numerous ER visits with various members of my family, including my 6-year-old son who came down with "post-viral arthritis." It's very rare and very painful, and fortunately goes away completely after 4-6 weeks. I took him to a Sunday meeting in a wheelchair, and only 3 people came up to find out what was wrong with him. Actually, two of them don't count because it was a woman and her daughter who wanted my address for the daughter's graduation party (she was registered at Target). After the meeting (during which the WT conductor forgot my name - after all, I hadn't been there for a month!), the presiding overseer came up to me as we were leaving and asked what happened to my son. I started to tell him, and he interrupted me with "well, Jehovah will give you strength to endure," and then walked off! I was furious! For 14 years I have been an invisible person because my husband doesn't go to meetings anymore (that's a story in itself - he didn't "drift" out of it, he was shoved), but I gritted my teeth and kept going, figuring it was the right thing to do. However, when my children start to be affected, then it's personal. I will NOT have my children treated like that! So I went home and stayed there and waited. A month later my book study conductor finally got around to calling me to find out where I was, and, boy, did he get an earful! His response was to read Psalm 55 and tell me (1) not to dwell on the negative, and (2) maybe if I made it to more meetings more people would know who I was. It's a lot less stress when I don't go, so I'm stepping back for the moment. Maybe for more than a moment. Love and hugs to all - I know how it hurts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit