Lorenz Reibling gives interview about real estate

by OrphanCrow 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

These men mentioned in this Australian newspaper, are making a fortune in pharmacy

driven alternatives to blood. They have influenced the amount of blood used in

hospitals, regardless of your; religious affiliation. I think the article above lends credence

to the "chilling" sort of feeling people get when they feel manouvred by some combined

group with too much influence

www.perthnow.com.au/news/...australia/...blood.../story-fnhocxo3-1226

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Umbertoecho, the two men that are mentioned in that article are JWs who were founding members of the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management. (The website is temporarily down - not sure why...but the Wayback Machine is good for examining the society's history and stuff).

SABM was the first society of its kind - all the rest of the global blood management societies have stemmed from it. The Society for the Advancement of Blood Management was established in 2001 and the SABM President’s Award Recipient for 2002 was the Watch Tower Society.

The website has underwent many changes since it was first established, but that information can be accessed through the Wayback Machine, and I have an old membership brochure archived that gives that information.

Shannon Farmer, the Australian JW who is working really hard to get blood management implemented in the entire country of Australia as the "standard of care", is the bigwig in SABM history. He was the first president (I think...) and his books and writings are promoted on SABM's website.

Another prominent JW who is currently the Executive Director of SABM, is Richard Melseth.

Mr. Melseth was connected to the website (now defunct) mybloodsite.com. Their mission statement said this:

MyBlood promotes Blood Conservation/Patient Blood Management as a progressive step towards Bloodless Medicine or Total Blood Avoidance, with the recognition that these Blood Conservation Programs can also serve the patient seeking Bloodless Surgery when Bloodless Medicine protocols are employed.
    MyBlood is committed to establishing transfusion-free surgery and Bloodless Medicine as the Golden Standard of medicine worldwide.

What mybloodsite was promoting was the Haemonetics Cell Saver. And a no blood card that had an UN resolution printed on the back which said this - "The right to refuse medical treatment is universal. This basic human right has been recognized by United Nations Act (/C.12/200/4) which prohibits non-consensual medical treatment". ....*note the year of the UN resolution...right in line with the WTS' involvement with the UN.

Mr. Richard Melseth has been pretty busy with promoting the WTS NoBlood doctrine. In 2010, he was active in Asia in that promotion, and his most recent accomplishment was producing a film that shamelessly misrepresents the dangers of blood transfusions.

Primum Non Nocere: First - Do No Harm.

Shake the SABM tree a bit harder, and JWs tumble out all over the place. LinkedIn has many JWs who claim membership in the SABM as "founding members".

• millie210
    millie210

I really think this could be huge in helping people who are already disilluined with the Org.

Most people dont want to wade through the information enough to fully comprehend what is really going on here but if they are already shocked (say with the Conti case for example) this could be back up proof of the fact that JWism is a business.

I dont know how you have managed to do so much research OrphanCrow but you have excelled.

I have a tiny scrap of info to add if it would be of help. In your above post you have an obituary. It contains the name I have bolded-

Tom is survived by his daughter Susan Jane Reibling (Guenther), Corkums Island; son, John David Covey (Madeline) of St. Bruno, Quebec; grandchildren, Christopher Reibling (Suzanne), Jacksonville, Florida; Timothy Reibling, West Palm Beach, Florida; Matthew Reibling, Atlanta, Georgia; Jonathan and Margaret Covey both of Montreal; 2 great-grandchildren, Hans Phillipe and Thomas Wyatt, and several nieces and nephews.

That name Christopher Reibling in Jacksonville Fla....

Were you aware that there is a bloodless surgery unit functioning in a hospital in Jax Fl now? It is the talk of the southeast among JWs lots of them go there. They have videos and packets of info - its a huge deal.

Is there a connection between Riebling living there and this hospital?

I have no idea but thought I would mention it

• millie210
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    The blood ban started in the 40's, did it not?
  • millie210
    millie210

I believe that is correct Londo. 1945 I think?

Its interesting too the more I think about this, that the movie "Knocking" heavily featured a bloodless surgery in it.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Millie, thank you for that information on the Jacksonville bloodless surgery unit. Pretty much all of the bloodless centers I have investigated in the US have had JW connections. The information you have given is another puzzle piece - one of many that make up the fabric of the JW involvement in "blood management".

Londo: The blood ban started in the 40's, did it not?

Yes. July 1945. It will be 70 years ago on in a few days from now. The blood transfusion ban was put in place right at the end of WW2.

70 years of medical research subjects listening to a group of men who dictate the religious doctrine that defines the parameters of that research groups' behaviour. 70 years of JWs laying their children on the blood altar of Jehovah. 70 years of JWs dying for blood research.

• millie210
    millie210

I clicked "like" on your post O.C. although there is nothing likable about the information itself is there? Very sad.

Orphan Crow, are you affiliated with, or is there any group, that is a collection point for this type of information?

Or are you "it"?

• marmot
    marmot
    Wow, I always gave JWs the benefit of the doubt, thinking they were just well-intentioned religious bumblers. This is, to quote so many others, chilling.
  • Londo111
    Londo111

I'm open minded, I could see a symbiotic business relationship developing over time, but is there really proof that the 70-year blood ban is for research? How can we know motivations of people that are total strangers?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit