WTS confirms head covering regulations

by ozziepost 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• avengers
    avengers

nativenyr23....... can't remember where it written....but doesn't it also say that a woman's hair qualifies as her "covering"?

1 Corinthians 11:15. F.Y.I.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I could not help thinking that when Jesus was here he kept the Jewish law, but did so with reasonableness and common sense, ie: plucking ears of corn on a Sabbath, curing the sick on a Sabath, and he did not tell off the woman who pressed through a crowd to touch him, although she was "unclean" through a "Flow of blood"

My point is, if they purport to follow his example then they would not be creating rules for every occasion, so that the unwary can be cought out and "Lovingly counselled"

Bah Humbug PHARISEES!

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

Thanks Avengers.....so....what's their take on 1 Cor 11:15??? Never asked....and now avoid relgious discussions w/family like the plague.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Well, I was planning on replying to this thread but I can't find my damn headcovering!!!!
    I guess the diapers aren't allowed anymore eh?

Ven

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I think I'll go look into the Muslim religion! The women wear those cute little cover-ups, from head to toe.

• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

Ozzie,

I was noticing how your signature ties in with this.

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

Freedom also means, not having to wear a head covering!

Chi

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    2. Giving oral

What? You mean you can give oral as long as you wear a head covering?

Hmm...I may have taken that out of context...

Yes I must agree this is very much like reading some Pharissee rule book. What about when the moon is full and the sister has just eaten unleaven bread, then is she good, cuz she hasn't taken fremented cakes into her belly? Grrr! It's just so stupid--do they really believe Jehovah gives a rats ass about headcoverings?

• Mac
    Mac

My wifes mom once came over to lecture me about some perceived disrespect I had shown to her at a "Family Meal" (Think Thanksgiving, Folks LOL) She came over wearing curlers and a scarf (even though she was staying home that day and doesn't normally use curlers, anyway) toting her green Bible on a silver platter (which she was returning) and began quoting some obscure scripture from Leviticus about respecting "grey haired ones". At first my wife and I couldn't figure out the reason for her curlers and scarf, but later had a good laugh. The platter was the icing on the cake. You have to picture this and feel quite sorry for her.

• Xandria
    Xandria

The new look according to WTS ? Inquiring minds want to know.

If so should we go to www. burqa-R-us. com ?

Xandria

Edited by - xandria on 7 July 2002 22:24:1

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Xandria,

We're busting to know what it looks like. At the mo it's like looking thru' a glass darkly!!

Cheers, Ozzie (of the turn on the lights class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit