WTS confirms head covering regulations

by ozziepost 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

xandria has stolen the gif of TOOL.

it was used once already by one of NYTele's many incarnations.

what next?...alex grey?

• Jang
    Jang

<quote>

As a service by Jehovah's "loving" organisation, the WTS has issued a list of situations where sisters are to wear a "head covering".

1. Family Bible study/meal where husband is non-JW and present.

Otherwise they may get food poisoning????????

2. Conducting a Bible study with baptized son.

3. Offering a prayer where her baptized son is present.

Even if the child is only 10 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Leading a midweek field service group.

Lest they meet a householder who stumbles them

5. Conducting a study with a baptized male present.

6. Conducting a study with unbaptized brother present.

Next will come PURDAH !!!!!!

"Lovingly" the article also lists the situations where sisters need NOT wear a head covering:

How Gracious of them!!!!!!!

Sisters on the way to a meeting

Sisters out in Field Service!!

• Xander
    Xander

5. Conducting a study with a baptized male present.

6. Conducting a study with unbaptized brother present.

BREAKS!

Oh, I can see why their numbers are falling off in this country.

JW lady (with son at door): "Would you like a free home bible study?"

Housewife: "Oh, heck, you keep bugging me about it, why not? C'mon in..."

{Fade scene - they are now sitting at a table and the sister is fiddling around in her bag}

Housewife : "GOOD GRIEF - what are you putting on!?!?!"

JW lady (with son at study): "Oh, it's just my burka head covering. It's required for women to wear them when studying in the presence of a brother..."

Housewife : "OUT OUT OUT OUT!!!"

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Those rules are exactly why I decided I could no longer be a JW. I decided looking at my three girls that they would not be raised in an oppressive religion that looks down on their gender.

Many people leave because they found out about doctrines that changed etc but this was the catalyst that made me run outside the KH and throw my hat to the wind...Just like Mary Tyler Moore. Ain't freedom grand!!!!!!

Leslie

• Xandria
    Xandria

Who is Alex Grey ?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The son of Mrs Gray?

• simplesally
    simplesally

At the Pioneer Service School, we were reminded that there are only 3, THREE, proper headcoverings: a mantilla, a scarf or a veil. Napkins, toilet paper, newspapers, sweaters, etc are not proper.

There is a whole article back in the 60's or 70's devoted to this stupid law. Sisters must also wear headcoverings if they are "acting" like brothers: ie, handling the mikes at the meetings, working the literature counter, even working the literature counter when no one is in the hall (you know, unpacking the boxes and putting the mags in people's boxes).

We were told that a sister was NOT to pray in front of her baptized son, that he was to say the prayer. She would do the study with him, with the head covering, but he would say the prayer.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

1. or sign-language translation of Bible discourses.

Why not for crying out loud! The def folks are reading HER hands not his lips.

And what if the woman is signing for another woman?

How many head coverings does it take to conduct a bible study? (Quik I need a punch line!)

went to take a shower, and I had said my grandson's bedtime prayer when I told him I had already said it....he said I was wrong (no headcovering)

What a moron!

So did that mean God did not hear your prayer? Your prayer was null and void. LMAO!

plum

• Faraon
    Faraon

What about in the case of an annointed woman?

Would she still have to cover her head in the presence of mere paradise-on-earth-hoping (2nd class) male publishers?

• blondie
    blondie

What the WTS needs to do is write a Talmud incorporating all these detailed exceptions to the scriptural principles.

These compare favorably with some of the Talmud's finest comments.

How is this? A chicken which is used for egg production or a bullock which is used for plowing and doves of a cote and fruit which is meant to be sold, all these and items such as them - are muktzeh, and one may not eat of them on Yom Tov unless they have been prepared the previous day and the person thought of them as being used for food. But on Shabbat everything is considered prepared for Shabbat, and does not need preparation" (Rambam, Hil. Yom Tov 1:17-18).
    This mishnah deals with a chicken, which was being raised to be slaughtered for its meat, and which laid an egg on Yom Tov. In such a case, the egg itself is not muktzeh, for the bird was intended to be slaughtered. Such a bird may be slaughtered, cooked and eaten on Yom Tov, for on Yom Tov one is permitted to perform those types of work that relate to preparing food. This also applies to an egg laid on Yom Tov provided it is known that it was completely formed by the previous day. It follows that such an egg may be eaten on Yom Tov. This is only true, though, if the day before Yom Tov was a weekday, but if Yom Tov was on Sunday, then the egg was formed on the previous day, namely on Shabbat. This would mean that Shabbat prepares for Yom Tov, and, as we mentioned earlier, one is only permitted to prepare for either Shabbat or Yom Tov on a preceding weekday.

The WTS publication "Equipped for Every Good Work" points out that the Talmud has a man praying to God thanking him because he was not created as 1) a slave; 2) a beast and 3) and lowest a woman.

From the comments on headcovering, I can see that this Talmudic thinking is alive and thriving in the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit