JWs Assigned to Fetch Lost Sheep Here?

by HomebutHiding 38 Replies latest jw friends

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Well, I'm a JW in good standing, and have been one for several years, and I lurk on this board, and I even throw up an occasional post. I've been following this board for well over a year, now, and before that, I was a loyal reader of H2O. And before H2O, my eyes were opened thanks to the AJWR "Free Zone" graffiti board back in the summer of 1996. Dang, I really miss that board! Anybody remember reading the "Watchtower Unplugged" over there, over 6 years ago?

Not to get off topic too much, but I wish there were a site like that online today... Something moderate that even most 'loyal' JW's wouldn't mind reading. It was a 'kinder, gentler' way of having your eyes opened, if you know what I mean.

Oh well, just my two-and-a-half cents...

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Hi Witchywoman! Know what else is funny...my very good athiest friend has a screen name similar to yours!

Anyway thanks to you and all who made me feel welcome. I'll stick around for as long as I can.

• myself
    myself

I once was lost, but now I'm found, was blind, but now I see.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

(((((((((((( myself )))))))))))

• myself
    myself

Thanks dungbeetle, it feels so good to have the support here.
    I have done a lot of healing in the past several months. 
    (((((((dungbeetle))))))).
  • scootergirl
    scootergirl

Can I ask a very honest question? I feel safe enough for these active JWs to answer it. And remember, this is not to start a flame war, not to ridicule or critisize...this is legit.

Way back in the day when I was an active dub (~16 years ago) JWs just didn't associate w/non dubs let alone "apostates". Of course, the internet wasn't around like it is now, but you just didn't do that. I remember endlessly hearing "bad association spoil useful habits"....but then again, maybe it was just me. I was so terrified of doing anything that would/could compromise my faith. Has that changed or are you participating in this kind of "association" secretly? Is it still preached from the podiums like it was then? Are you afaid of being found out? And what if you were, what would the BOE say now-a-days?

Remember, this is not a "baited" question....this is asked w/the utmost respect.

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Can I ask a very honest question?

Sure!

I remember endlessly hearing "bad association spoil useful habits"....Is it still preached from the podiums like it was then?

You bet... More than ever, in fact.

Are you afaid of being found out?

Nope. Not at all. When I'm in the privacy of my own home, I do whatever I well please! That's the beauty of the internet. The censors are powerless when you sit in front of your computer screen, with the FREEDOM and the CHOICE to look at whatever information you want.

And what if you were, what would the BOE say now-a-days?

Ha! That shouldn't happen, because I don't surf this site when the elders are looking over my back, anyway... If they did find out, they wouldn't be too happy, would they?

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Thank you, notblind, for answering my questions.

Looking back on my life, I never felt like I had the "freedom" that you mention when I was active. For some reason, I had fear instilled in me and because of that, I didn't allow myself the freedom that you enjoy now. I didn't feel like I had "choices" that you do. Your world and my world (back then) seem so different.....completely opposite.

I read what you wrote and have to wonder if my parents had your same attitude/belief that you do, if maybe there would be times when we could "sneak" a hello, or a dinner in, maybe a hug when no one was looking. That would be so wonderful! Sad thing is, my parents also have the same fear instilled in them that I once did. Guess that is where my pain comes from. Not so much of leaving the borg, but from suffering the consequences of not having a family anymore.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    It was a 'kinder, gentler' way of having your eyes opened, if you know what I mean.

Notblind-I couldn't agree more. I wish some other posters here would know that when they were talking to JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit