JWs Assigned to Fetch Lost Sheep Here?

by HomebutHiding 38 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty

Nice post Flower. It's too bad that there aren't any level-headed people like yourself serving on the GB.

• Francois
    Francois

I'm with Gopher.

Francois

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Me too......thanks flowerpetal and gopher for two great posts.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    I used to post here many months ago, and left because I got sick and tired of ex-jws telling me how I feel and think when I KNOW how I feel and think

Flowerpetal, I wish you would come back. I know exactly how you feel, and I have always hated that feeling of being told what you believe by outsiders. I feel bad for you, especially since this board doesn't seem too friendly of opposing view points. Which is silly since any "good" debate needs two sides to an issue. I for one find most threads horribly lopsided and as a result quite dull.

I have to wonder if the people, such as YouKnow, and FredHall are even actually witnesses. Some of the ones who claim to be witnesses lead me to believe otherwise by some phrases that they use. I am in complete agreement that there a lot of hurt feelings on this board, and that leads to some very closed minds, and often creates people who are overly critical and defensive.

Again, I do hope you come back, I for one would like to hear you weigh in on some things.

As for fetching lost sheep--I doubt it. Tho there might be some who feel that's what they are doing, but if in fact they are, they aren't doing a very good job--and use some pretty strong and hurtful language that can't do anyone much good, and would infact turn most off of their message. My opinion is that most of the "witnesses" posting here, if in fact they are, are just trolls.

• larc
    larc

Flowerpetal, I also agree with Gopher. I wish the JWs I knew had your attitude. It would make my life easier. I respect your honesty and your point of view.

• mommy1
    mommy1

Hey Flowerpetal.. I am glad you visit and post here. Sorry if I offended you with my "counting time" post. I just remember going out in service with a pioneer one summer and she said she would write letters to worldly Dad and count the time.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Hi Gopher and Roybattty!

Thanks for your kind replies. I am also glad to see that Hilary_Step still posts here because I value a lot of what he says.

I do realize that there are a lot of wounded people here due to the meaness of their congregations, friends and family. And I will treat them with respect if they treat me with respect. All I ask is that they don't take it out on me. I really don't know what my future will be as a JW but for now I will stay put. I do see some changes in attitude among the WT study articles about how to treat people in "the world." (with kindness of course) A thing I have been doing all along anyway. The society just has to catch up But we will see what happens....anyway, I feel like I am on my own spiritual journey, and am about to buy a book regarding conducting spiritual warfare written by (gasp!!)......a worldly man!

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Thanks larc and mommy. Mommy, I am not offended by your post and do not deny that there are some witnesses 
    		who will do anything to count time. I had a father who was not a witness and have a mother who is, since 1941.& I was born after that, so really the JW religion is the only one I know, except that my mom and dad were a Roman Catholic previously--so I have a little knowledge of what they believe. ; My dad never practiced his religion though. ; And it was his level-headed father who aided my mom to become a JW. ; I wished I had known my grandfather much better before he died. ; My mom, from what she can remember, ;he told her, that the Bible takes precedence over what any man says. ; He realized the organization was made up of men, and that they make mistakes. ; He never had any qualms about attending birthday parties of his children (who were not witnesses).</FONT></P> I never gave any consideration of counting time when I would try to "witness" to my father.
    Joannadandy, I have read FredHall's posts in the past and was quite taken aback and surprised about his attitude and his language although he professes to be a witness. I'm not familiar with YouKnow.
    Forgive this post if it's hard to read. I'm not familiar with all this HTML stuff. LOL
  • witchywoman
    witchywoman

Hi Flowerpetal
    Congratulations on thinking for yourself
    and not letting anyone do it for you,please
    don`t leave. The people on this board are exper-
    eincing a range of emotions, it is not meant to
    be directed at you, you could be any one of jw`s
    and get the same attack. It is a hostilitly di
    rected towards an organiztion. The only way that
    I can explain it is for you to imagine that a
    woman has given birth to a child, nourishes him,
    teaches him to walk and progress. One day the
    child does something wrong, doesn`t really matter
    what the child does she quickly destroys and kills
    her child, so that the other children are not
    corrupted by the wronging child. Doesn`t matter
    that they are all siblings. Doesn`t matter if all
    child knew was this mother and her provisions.
    She must keep here household clean.
    A lot of us here feel as though we have been kill-
    ed by this motherly organization. Until it happens
    there is no way of really comprehending the level
    of desperation, cold,and heard hearted isolation that comes from this organization. You probably feel differently and are entitled to that.
    If something like this happened literally the wo-
    man would be comitted to an institution and en-
    prisoned. Perhaps you can understand our frustra-tions.
    In any event, do stick around, ignore the bullies
    I have a daughter still in, her e-mail user name
    is so much like yours. Ha, to bad for me. DONT
    LEAVE STAY!

witchywoman

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

why is this web page formatted like this??

i have to scroll all the way to the righ to read posts

oh well more time for me!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit