Teen wins fight to refuse blood transfusions

by blondie 38 Replies latest social current

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I sense the thread is about to be hijacked.

One point - Last time I checked Naeblis is NOT part of any "cult" and is a "free thinker"

hawk

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

don't mean to laugh in this thread of all threads, i feel horrible for this girl and her family. her poor dad :( such a shitty situation

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Sorry. Back to subject at hand. I will now be on my way.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Hawk,

It is an awful story. Do you have a personal email or address of the father? I would like to send a nice word if I could. If you think it's innappropriate, I understand.

My addy is [email protected]

It's such a tragedy. If I were the father, my heart would be in two.

ash

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

thanks naebliss....

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

His name is Lawrence (Larry) Hughes

You can reach him by going here - it is his work Email. He will be very down after spending close to 200,000 dollars in legal bills, his wife and other daughter have left him and shun him, other firends shun him, and of course his daughter who he tried desparately to save is about to die.

[email protected]

Its just damn awful. I hope Lawrence seeks out and finds some happiness but he will need a lot of support and no doubt therapy. No doubt, it will take him a damn lot of time to get to a point where he will be somewhat okay again.

hawk

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

This poor girl was killed a long time ago, when the Watchtower started to fill her mind with garbage.

Even if you force blood, a die-hard dub of mental lack, will have the will to die, not the will to live.

Therefore, she could not ever get better with Watchtower trash in her veins.

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Did I miss something or did Wayne Mckee (JW ELDER Calgary) state that this was not a religious issue but a human rights issue. Two points: The WTBTS has always fought to establish that blood is sacred and for that reason blood is refused. Secondly, their involvement is "prima facia" evidence that it is a religious issue involving their religious doctrine. Why this "Human Rights" spin? Is this an attempt to ward off liability because their blood policy may change and this little girl has followed THEIR rule . IF THE POLICY CHANGES IT COULD BE CONSTRUED TO HAVE BEEN FRIVOLOUS. BY FOCUSING ON HUMAN RIGHTS THE ATTENTION IS TAKEN OFF OF THE BLOOD POLICY ITSELF AND THIS BECOMES, NOT A CASE INVOLVING A FRIVOLOUS POLICY BUT, A CASE WHERE THE LITTLE GIRL IS FULLY RESPONSIBLE AND THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

hawkaw, I didn't realize that the daughter's name had been published as early as July 03, 2002. I thought she had only been known as "Mia" at that time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit