Teen wins fight to refuse blood transfusions

by blondie 38 Replies latest social current

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

the jw lawyers will get her picture on the awake, just like they want, probably........ and everyone will want one........... it will have some heavy duty propaganda in it...........it makes me sick........cause i see how wicked the cult is.............

funny how on this thread people see how distructive the jw cult is,,,,,,,,,, yet on other threads they all gather around to support jws and their doctrines, claiming it's not really all that bad.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

This case was talked about while I was on the my way to Peterborough today.

I managed to get on the air (CFRB) and explain about what happened in the case and that JWs do not have freedom of choice - ie.take blood transfusions and you will be disassociated/shunned etc.

I also managed to stated that Witnesses accept 100 percent of blood but not just certain types of blood therapy such as red blood. I talked about them recently accepting hemoglobin and that HLC members go into the hopspital and manipulater the situation so the patience does not recieve the banned blood component.

I also brought up the fact the mother attempted to remove the transfusion line out of the daughter during treatments and were brutally shunning the father.

It was short and I wish I could say more and made the note that it is all about "informed choice" - something the Witnesses do not practice.

Afterwards some Witnesses (who were telling the hosts that they were not Witnesses) phoned in and explained that JWs do not "shun" and were nice people. The hostess, Carol Motts said even she knows of severe shunning cases.

Of course the show's focus was more on the minor/adult issue but at least they let me have my say.

As for the Hughes family - it just sucks that B. Hughes is dying. She had a 40 % chance and now she is down to 10%.

I wish I could take her place.

hawk

p.s. - if I remember, CFRB 1010 am on the dial in the Greater Toronto area has 10s off thousands of listeners so I hope I might have "tweaked" somebody about what this case and this doctrine is all about.

Edited by - hawkaw on 3 July 2002 14:13:21

Edited by - hawkaw on 3 July 2002 14:17:2

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Funny how you're a moron on this thread, yet.. you're a moron on other threads.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Naeblis,

Are you talking to me or to cd2?

hawk

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Oh sorry Hawk.. you snuck in there with a post on me. I was talking to crawdad.. the board's most sensible poster.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi naeblis..................... how's it going?............. time to stick up for your cult........say a few words for us!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Oh.. that is okay sir.

Also my understanding of this case is that this order was just dropped as per the recommendation of the Children Services and NOT the court doing it on their own or the JW lawyers winning one for the good guys.

The reason is simple - she only has 10 % chance and I think it is even bleaker.

I feel so sad for Larry. His life has been destroyed. I feel so sad for Britney whose life is shortly to end and I feel so sad for Larry's wife and other daughter who will wake up one day and realize what the JW leaderships put this family through.

hawk

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

YOU'RE ALLG OING TO DIE AT ARMAGEDDON! ESPECIALLY YOU CRAWDAD.. WITH NASTY BUGS EATING YOUR SKIN AND GOOD GOD NOT THE EYES OH GOOD GOD NOT THE EYES..

YES...

THE EYES.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

LOL @ naebs

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I worship the all holy Naeblis at the church of my choice...all hail Naebs, the Watchtower troll!

Troll on, brutha!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit